Can't access Tool Options (bubble palette cropped)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
damptimber

Can't access Tool Options (bubble palette cropped)

Post by damptimber »

Using GC 8.8.3, on OS X 10.11.6; I can't access the tool options anymore (since I don't know when).Double-clicking the Pen tool shows what looks like just the top 27 pixels or so of the options 'bubble' palette, with "Cursor: () Right Hand" - the rest is cut off.  The bubble is aligned with the magnify glass two tools below.Similarly double-clicking the Bucket shows just the top of the "Tolerance" slider and numbed box (also aligned with the magnify glass).Double-clicking Rectangle or Filled Rectangle gives a slightly larger crop, approx 41 pixels of the top of that palette, aligned with the Slice or Smudge tool three tools below.Text, Transparency, Selection, Slice tools when double-clicked bring up completely independent dialogs or palettes, and they seem to work. But the drop-down menu for Selection tool is cut off in the same way as the other option palettes.I've downloaded and run the "GraphicConverter First Aid" app, and used it trash the preferences - it hasn't helped.Is anyone else seeing this?
thorstenlemke

Re: Can't access Tool Options (bubble palette cropped)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,many thanks for your e-mail.GraphicConverter 8 was designed for 10.6 to 10.9.Apple did change much with 10.11.Please upgrade to the current version 10 for your current MacOS.Best wishesThorsten Using GC 8.8.3, on OS X 10.11.6; I can't access the tool options anymore (since I don't know when).
damptimber

Re: Can't access Tool Options (bubble palette cropped)

Post by damptimber »

Ah - that'll teach me not to pay attention to upgrade messages...Thanks Thorsten, I'll get the upgrade!