GC10.1.0 only sees original photos in macOS Sierra Photos v2.0

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
milesgehm

GC10.1.0 only sees original photos in macOS Sierra Photos v2.0

Post by milesgehm »

I did some cropping and enhancement in Photos.I copied the pictures through the GC browser into a folder.The pictures which are copied are the originals without crops and enhancement.I get the same result whether copying from MOMENTS in Photos, or an ALBUMN in Photos.A work around is to export the pictures from Photos [File/Export/Export <n> Photos...] into a folder and then using GC.  This is probably faster because GC seems to bog down when browsing the MEDIA LIBRARY.So, I’m just reporting a behavior which surprised me.  Not really a bug or a feature request.Miles
thorstenlemke

Re: GC10.1.0 only sees original photos in macOS Sierra Photos v2.0

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Miles,Apple has currently no way to edit Photos images directly in the Photos database.The GraphicConverter browser does open them read only.Please download the current BETA at:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlIt has as workaround a Photos extension “Open with GraphicConverter”.So, you can select the image in Photos and edit it with GraphicConverter. Photos will recognize the change this way.Thorsten  I did some cropping and enhancement in Photos.I copied the pictures through the GC browser into a folder.The pictures which are copied are the originals without crops and enhancement.I get the same result whether copying from MOMENTS in Photos, or an ALBUMN in Photos.A work around is to export the pictures from Photos [File/Export/Export <n> Photos...] into a folder and then using GC.  This is probably faster because GC seems to bog down when browsing the MEDIA LIBRARY.So, I’m just reporting a behavior which surprised me.  Not really a bug or a feature request.
Zalman Lazkowicz

organizer

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

not related to GC, just curious, what do you people use today to organize all the photos ? Is it Photos/iPhotos ? Or something else, like Lyn or Unbound ? or Photoshop Elements ? There is a new application in app store called iSmartPhoto, which is similar to Unbound, but more features. Lyn and Unbound are frequently mentioned as a good replacement for Photos. Difference between both, Lyn imports all photos from Photos. Unbound doesn’t. You need to export photos/albums from photos and then to open them with Unbound. Thanks for replies! Zal
Per A.J. Andersson

Re: organizer

Post by Per A.J. Andersson »

Well, I simply collect all photos into folders named as YYMMDDplace-description,moredescription. It's quick and dirty and does the job. No need to use any editing/presentation app other than GC. :-) Best of wishes, /Per 2016-10-16, 14:10, skrev Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac]: >not related to GC, just curious, what do you people use today >to organize all the photos ? >Is it Photos/iPhotos ? >Or something else, like Lyn or Unbound ? >or Photoshop Elements ? >There is a new application in app store called iSmartPhoto, >which is similar to Unbound, but more features. >Lyn and Unbound are frequently mentioned as a good replacement for Photos. >Difference between both, Lyn imports all photos from Photos. >Unbound doesn’t. You need to export photos/albums from photos >and then to open them with Unbound. >Thanks for replies! >Zal > >------------------------------------ >Posted by: Zalman Lazkowicz <zlazkow@yahoo.com> >------------------------------------ > > >------------------------------------ > >Yahoo Groups Links > >
Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker »

I use Capture One, which does a pretty good job.  I’m trying to use Media Pro as well, particularly as I can adjust metadata easily with it (and the information is recognised in C1).  I migrated my catalogues to C1 from Aperture last year . . .Chris On 16 Oct 16, at 13:10, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:not related to GC, just curious, what do you people use today to organize all the photos ?Is it Photos/iPhotos ?Or something else, like Lyn or Unbound ?or Photoshop Elements ?There is a new application in app store called iSmartPhoto, which is similar to Unbound, but more features.Lyn and Unbound are frequently mentioned as a good replacement for Photos.Difference between both, Lyn imports all photos from Photos. Unbound doesn’t. You need to export photos/albums from photos and then to open them with Unbound.Thanks for replies!Zal
milesgehm

Post by milesgehm »

Thanks Thorsten.I installed the beta.I see the new extensions in Photos    GraphicConverter 10 Xe8742    Edit with GraphicConverter 10in addition to the existing extension: Markup‘Markup' and 'GraphicConverter 10 Xe8742’ work as expected The controls/toolbar shows up in the Photos window.'GraphicConverter 10’ doesn’t work.It switches to the GraphicConverter 10 app, but with no window opened.  The Photos window is still visible with the image on it.  But when I click on the image, it takes me back to the Photos app.  There is no GC toolbar.  I’ve restarted once and saw no change.Miles 
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,ah - it seems Apple changed that with 10.12.I will recheck.Thorsten Thanks Thorsten.I installed the beta.I see the new extensions in Photos    GraphicConverter 10 Xe8742    Edit with GraphicConverter 10in addition to the existing extension: Markup‘Markup' and 'GraphicConverter 10 Xe8742’ work as expected The controls/toolbar shows up in the Photos window.'GraphicConverter 10’ doesn’t work.It switches to the GraphicConverter 10 app, but with no window opened.  The Photos window is still visible with the image on it.  But when I click on the image, it takes me back to the Photos app.  There is no GC toolbar.  I’ve restarted once and saw no change.Miles 
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,I rechecked.Please store GraphicConverter 10.app directly inside your Applications folder.It will work perfectly.Thorsten Thanks Thorsten.I installed the beta.I see the new extensions in Photos    GraphicConverter 10 Xe8742    Edit with GraphicConverter 10in addition to the existing extension: Markup‘Markup' and 'GraphicConverter 10 Xe8742’ work as expected The controls/toolbar shows up in the Photos window.'GraphicConverter 10’ doesn’t work.It switches to the GraphicConverter 10 app, but with no window opened.  The Photos window is still visible with the image on it.  But when I click on the image, it takes me back to the Photos app.  There is no GC toolbar.  I’ve restarted once and saw no change.Miles 
milesgehm

Post by milesgehm »

Thanks.  I did put it in my Applications folder.  The behavior is inconsistent.  I’ll try to find time to document it.  Right now Photos is taking minutes to close the library.Miles
Bob@gone4dive.com

Post by Bob@gone4dive.com »

I have always organized my "images" in folders and subfolders - totally avoiding iPhoto and Photo. I can adjust my structure to meet my needs rather than trying to fit into someone else's.