GC10.1.0 only sees original photos in macOS Sierra Photos v2.0

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

Re: organizer

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,I use the same way.Thorsten I have always organized my "images" in folders and subfolders - totally avoiding iPhoto and Photo. I can adjust my structure to meet my needs rather than trying to fit into someone else's.
Zalman Lazkowicz

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

Thanks for the answers,and where do you keep these folders ?  I guess in one big folder on desktop for easy access ? On 19 Oct 2016, at 9:44 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi,I use the same way.ThorstenI have always organized my "images" in folders and subfolders - totally avoiding iPhoto and Photo. I can adjust my structure to meet my needs rather than trying to fit into someone else's.
edward.elgar_1857@ymail.com

Post by edward.elgar_1857@ymail.com »

Me too!   E.E.
Zalman Lazkowicz

amazing! I’ve never thought about doing that. So you just keep one folder with all the subfolders as “albums” ?  Or anything like Unbound application, which doesn’t interfere with pictures the way iPhoto/Photos does ? On 20 Oct 2016, at 3:02 PM, craigs_ygroups_12@mymacmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Me too! E.E.
Per A.J. Andersson

Post by Per A.J. Andersson »

Thanks for the info. My own needs include using GraphicConverter for slide-shows with a mix of images and video files. I simply drop a folder from the Finder onto to the GC icon, hit the slide-show shortcut and am done. Using a proprietary archival format for this kind of thing is not practical (nor secure) to me. And proprietary archival formats would make my photo archive (beginning in 2004) both less portable and flexible. So it seems we all have different needs and priorities. For me GraphicConverter and Finder is by far the simplest and most practical solution. Best of wishes, /Per 2016-10-20, 15:24, skrev erpol erpol@mclink.it [gcmac]: >Me, no. The organization by folder and subfolders, by date, for >me is only the beginning. >I need other kind of organizations: by event(hence location); >by name(Spontaneous plants); other kinds. > >Doing this by hand is a nightmare. >Create the folder tree, populate the folders with aliases (or a >copy) from the by date organization. >Beware if you, all or partially, move the folder tree. You may >loose all the aliases. > >iPhoto does all this with a few clicks and drags > >Ciao, >Ermanno
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,the folder structure does the same if you add keywords and other iptc data.You can just search with Spotlight and create smart folders.Thorsten Me, no. The organization by folder and subfolders, by date, for me is only the beginning.I need other kind of organizations: by event(hence location); by name(Spontaneous plants); other kinds.Doing this by hand is a nightmare.Create the folder tree, populate the folders with aliases (or a copy) from the by date organization.Beware if you, all or partially, move the folder tree. You may loose all the aliases.iPhoto does all this with a few clicks and drags
Zalman Lazkowicz

GC as external editor in Photos

I thought in the beta version, GC can be used as an external editor in Photos. I don’t see how ? Thanks, Zal
thorstenlemke

Re: GC as external editor in Photos

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Zal, just go to the system settings (of the macOS) to extensions and enable it. Now you can use it in Photos. Thorsten > > I thought in the beta version, GC can be used as an external editor in Photos. > I don’t see how ? > > Thanks, > Zal
milesgehm

Re: GC10.1.0 only sees original photos in macOS Sierra Photos v2.0

Post by milesgehm »

Attachments :Photos extensions.jpgmarkup.jpgGC10.jpgGC with Xe8472.jpgIt isn’t a big deal for me, so prioritize accordingly, but...It still doesn’t work right for me.  See attached screenshots.  Behavior is strange with GC10 (beta).  Behavior is good with markup and GC with X38472.Miles
thorstenlemke

Re: GC10.1.0 only sees original photos in macOS Sierra Photos v2.0

Post by thorstenlemke »

Did you install GC10 inside your applications folder? Because I can`t reproduce it here.Also, there should be no other GC  version onto the system.