Save & Next not working any more

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
bfranklinrules

Save & Next not working any more

Post by bfranklinrules »

Suddenly for no reason I can see, "Save and Next" in GC 9.7.4 is no longer working.  What I GET is basically useless - TWO copies of UNALTERED images "the original" and whatever the unlabelled OTHER image is - they are both copies of the original even though I have made several editing changes.   I edited about 80 images in a folder  (which had been there for some time) - with no changes in TWO COPIES that resulted from an hour of work.   It's NOT what images I'm editing - editing any .jpg files in any folder results in the duplication of un-edited files - wasting my time and needlessly taking up space on the HD.    I had to go back and I'm getting the job done - editing and then using "Save As" with new file names.   That's a bit odd too:  the originals "disappear" and then newly named and edited files remain.  The "disappeared" files do end up in the Trash and can be retrieved if needed so it's not a problem.    But it's "unasked for" by me- why don't the original named files REMAIN in the same folder?  That is was I have come to expect from GC (which I've used often since v. 3.8).   
thorstenlemke

Re: Save & Next not working any more

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,what are your save&next settings in the options?Do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version?Is there any error message in the console?Thorsten Suddenly for no reason I can see, "Save and Next" in GC 9.7.4 is no longer working.