GC 10.2 Shadow Effect (Bug Report?)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
estlerg

GC 10.2 Shadow Effect (Bug Report?)

Post by estlerg »

Attachments :rolex3 processed.pngrolex3 original.jpegrolex2.pngGuten tag, Herr Lemke.2014 MacBook Pro, 2.8GHZ Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.I process graphics for posting on a web site by reducing the size to a height of 5" and then applying the shadow effect with a size of 12 pixels and a blur of 12%. I then save the photo as a .png file.I downloaded and installed the 10.2 update of GC from your web site and now when I apply the shadow effect, additional (unwanted) margin space is added to the left, bottom and right of the photo. I am attaching a copy of an original photo (rolex3 original.jpeg) and the photo (rolex3 processed.png )after I have added the shadow effect. I'm also enclosing a photo (rolex2.png) processed with the previous beta version of GC so you can see the results that I used to obtain from this process.
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 10.2 Shadow Effect (Bug Report?) [3 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,the additional margin is added due some extra shadow build by the Quartz routines.Just select Trim after the shadow command.Thorsten Guten tag, Herr Lemke.2014 MacBook Pro, 2.8GHZ Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.I process graphics for posting on a web site by reducing the size to a height of 5" and then applying the shadow effect with a size of 12 pixels and a blur of 12%. I then save the photo as a .png file.I downloaded and installed the 10.2 update of GC from your web site and now when I apply the shadow effect, additional (unwanted) margin space is added to the left, bottom and right of the photo. I am attaching a copy of an original photo (rolex3 original.jpeg) and the photo (rolex3 processed.png )after I have added the shadow effect. I'm also enclosing a photo (rolex2.png) processed with the previous beta version of GC so you can see the results that I used to obtain from this process.