Photos disappear on import from digital camera

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Petur Rasmussen

Photos disappear on import from digital camera

Post by Petur Rasmussen »

The first time since 10.2 and OS 10.12.1 I tried to import from Digital Camera. It looked fine, made a Folder with the date, but the folder was empty.The fotos had also disappeared from the camera as I had asked for. Now I cannot get them back.Any explanation?Best regardsPetur --------------------------------------------------------Petur Rasmussen            e-mail: prasm@internet.isSa�lheimum 23, 7A                     Tlf.: +354-553 2858IS-104  Reykjava�k                      Mobil: +354-822 0645 
thorstenlemke

Re: Photos disappear on import from digital camera

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Petur,I rechecked it here. The import works as expected. Also, no other such report.Is the file system on the digital camera maybe corrupted? That can cause such a problem.Also, I send the erase command only after  successful download and save.I suggest to use an unerase app like PhotoRescue on the SD card.Did you try do enable showing hidden files in the Finder? Maybe you renamed the file in a way that add a dot at the beginning.Thorsten The first time since 10.2 and OS 10.12.1 I tried to import from Digital Camera. It looked fine, made a Folder with the date, but the folder was empty.The fotos had also disappeared from the camera as I had asked for. Now I cannot get them back.Any explanation?Best regardsPetur
Petur Rasmussen

Actually I used two different cameras on two different computers. Same result.There seems to have arised some confusion in the renaming procedure that I have used for years IMG0000.JPG to Foto yyyy-mm-dd-_number.How do I enable showing hidden files?Best regardsPetur --------------------------------------------------------Petur Rasmussen            e-mail: prasm@internet.isSa�lheimum 23, 7A                     Tlf.: +354-553 2858IS-104  Reykjava�k                      Mobil: +354-822 0645  On 6. na�v. 2016, at 19:07, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Petur,I rechecked it here. The import works as expected. Also, no other such report.Is the file system on the digital camera maybe corrupted? That can cause such a problem.Also, I send the erase command only after  successful download and save.I suggest to use an unerase app like PhotoRescue on the SD card.Did you try do enable showing hidden files in the Finder? Maybe you renamed the file in a way that add a dot at the beginning.ThorstenThe first time since 10.2 and OS 10.12.1 I tried to import from Digital Camera. It looked fine, made a Folder with the date, but the folder was empty.The fotos had also disappeared from the camera as I had asked for. Now I cannot get them back.Any explanation?Best regardsPetur
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Petur,just use a tool like Onyx.Thorsten Actually I used two different cameras on two different computers. Same result.There seems to have arised some confusion in the renaming procedure that I have used for years IMG0000.JPG to Foto yyyy-mm-dd-_number.How do I enable showing hidden files?Best regardsPetur
Petur Rasmussen

Remembering my last time I used your Browser enabling Show hidden files. And there they were. Somehow the renaming tool had reversed the names: Foto 2016-11-06-_1.jpg had becom .jpg Foto 2016-11.06-_1.I must try to reconstruct the renaming function.Best regards.Petur --------------------------------------------------------Petur Rasmussen            e-mail: prasm@internet.isSa�lheimum 23, 7A                     Tlf.: +354-553 2858IS-104  Reykjava�k                      Mobil: +354-822 0645  On 6. na�v. 2016, at 19:28, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Petur,just use a tool like Onyx.ThorstenActually I used two different cameras on two different computers. Same result.There seems to have arised some confusion in the renaming procedure that I have used for years IMG0000.JPG to Foto yyyy-mm-dd-_number.How do I enable showing hidden files?Best regardsPetur