Re: Digest Number 4013 - unwanted proportional cropping setting....

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Mark H. Zollinhofer

Re: Digest Number 4013 - unwanted proportional cropping setting....

Post by Mark H. Zollinhofer »

Hi, Thorsten,Your 2nd suggestion did the trick.I was trying to use the Cmd-Opt-4 command to let me select the "rotate with line” option and must have accidentally only hit the Option-4 key. It was very puzzling. Thanks for helping me sort that out! 2) Check the bottom of the toolbox: did you maybe enable a special aspect ratio for the selection?ThorstenYour GC software is amazing. I am always learning new ways to improve image files and I don’t believe I know how to use most of GC. I feel like the iceberg situation. I know what’s above water but don’t know the 90% below the surface!Have you thought about putting together some online courses for how to do various workflows? I would be interested in watching some in-depth tutorials. I don’t know anything about how to wisely/properly do color correction on faded old photographs, for example. And I sure don’t know how to do much with the batch tools.Anyway, you have created a beautiful thing. And your constant nurturing care of your masterpiece and your devoted service to your community of users is exemplary. I commend you and thank you.-Mark +——+——+——+--—+——+——+——+--—+——+——+——+--—+Mark H. Zollinhofer, Ph.D.Charlottesville, VA 22903email: markz@cstone.netmobile: 434-962-3343 On Nov 8, 2016, at 3:57 AM, gcmac@yahoogroups.com wrote:GC Group 2 Messages Digest #4013 1a cropping images - cross-hair cursor behavior changed - jumps to prop by "Mark H. Zollinhofer" markhz49 1b Re: cropping images - cross-hair cursor behavior changed - jumps to  by "Thorsten Lemke" thorstenlemke Messages 1a cropping images - cross-hair cursor behavior changed - jumps to prop Mon Nov 7, 2016 4:49 pm (PST) . Posted by: "Mark H. Zollinhofer" markhz49 Hello, GCer’sPreviously, after using Scan… Using Image Capture and preset to do “Detect Separate Items”, after the multiple scans were presented, one image per jpg file, I would use Cmd-A to select the entire image. Then I usually grabbed, successively, the top left and then the bottom right “handles” in order to efficiently reduce the size of the selection box to just the part of the image that I want to retain, and then press Cmd-Y to execute the crop.Suddenly, the corner handles do not behave properly. When I select any of them, the crop box jumps to a proportional size and will only let me select a proportional size box. But if I grab the handles on the sides or top or bottom, I can size whatever I want. Somehow, I’ve modified a preference setting, and I don’t know how I did it and cannot discover how to un-set it. Can anyone help?-Mark+——+——+——+--—+——+——+——+--—+——+——+——+--—+Mark H. Zollinhofer, Ph.D.Charlottesville, VA 22903email: markz@cstone.netmobile: 434-962-3343Reply to sender  . Reply to group  . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (2) . Top ^1b Re: cropping images - cross-hair cursor behavior changed - jumps to Mon Nov 7, 2016 10:11 pm (PST) . Posted by: "Thorsten Lemke" thorstenlemke Hello Mark,many thanks for your e-mail.1) Check the view menu: did you maybe enable the grid?2) Check the bottom of the toolbox: did you maybe enable a special aspect ratio for the selection?Thorsten> > Previously, after using Scan… Using Image Capture and preset to do “Detect Separate Items”, after the multiple scans were presented, one image per jpg file, I would use Cmd-A to select the entire image. Then I usually grabbed, successively, the top left and then the bottom right “handles” in order to efficiently reduce the size of the selection box to just the part of the image that I want to retain, and then press Cmd-Y to execute the crop.> > Suddenly, the corner handles do not behave properly. When I select any of them, the crop box jumps to a proportional size and will only let me select a proportional size box. But if I grab the handles on the sides or top or bottom, I can size whatever I want. Somehow, I’ve modified a preference setting, and I don’t know how I did it and cannot discover how to un-set it. Can anyone help?Reply to sender  . Reply to group  . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (2) . Top ^VISIT YOUR GROUP New Members 3• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use