Twain Issues

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Chuck Boody

Twain Issues

Post by Chuck Boody »

Hi, Long time user…since version 1! I have a Perfection 4990 Photo scanner on a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.5. I can not get GC to be aware of the scanner. It does not see it in the window to select the TWAIN driver. My recollection is that one used to set GC to run in 32 bit mode to solve this problem, but that does not seem to be available any longer. Image Capture and the Epson Scan itself both run correctly, and you can choose the scanner in the Epson Scan window. The scanner does not show up in the Printers & Scanners Preferences window either. Any suggestions? I can scan using Epson Scan, but the convenience of having the scan opened in GC is lost. Thanks, Chuck Boody
thorstenlemke

Re: Twain Issues

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Chuck,ah - that is the usual problem of old no longer mantained scanner drivers.A 64 bit app do not see an old 32 bit driver.So, just download the old version 8 of GraphicConverter to scan in 32 bit with twain.Thorsten Hi,Long time user…since version 1!I have a Perfection 4990 Photo scanner on a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.5. I can not get GC to be aware of the scanner. It does not see it in the window to select the TWAIN driver. My recollection is that one used to set GC to run in 32 bit mode to solve this problem, but that does not seem to be available any longer. Image Capture and the Epson Scan itself both run correctly, and you can choose the scanner in the Epson Scan window. The scanner does not show up in the Printers & Scanners Preferences window either.Any suggestions? I can scan using Epson Scan, but the convenience of having the scan opened in GC is lost.Thanks,Chuck Boody
Chuck Boody

Re: Twain Issues

Post by Chuck Boody »

Ok.  I'll give it a try.Chuck  On Nov 14, 2016, at 12:31 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Dear Chuck,ah - that is the usual problem of old no longer mantained scanner drivers.A 64 bit app do not see an old 32 bit driver.So, just download the old version 8 of GraphicConverter to scan in 32 bit with twain.ThorstenHi,Long time user…since version 1!I have a Perfection 4990 Photo scanner on a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.5. I can not get GC to be aware of the scanner. It does not see it in the window to select the TWAIN driver. My recollection is that one used to set GC to run in 32 bit mode to solve this problem, but that does not seem to be available any longer. Image Capture and the Epson Scan itself both run correctly, and you can choose the scanner in the Epson Scan window. The scanner does not show up in the Printers & Scanners Preferences window either.Any suggestions? I can scan using Epson Scan, but the convenience of having the scan opened in GC is lost.Thanks,Chuck Boody