Re: Digest Number 4015

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Bigpond

Re: Digest Number 4015

Post by Bigpond »

I usually recommend ViewScan https://www.hamrick.com/  (free demo available) it supports heaps of old devices that would otherwise be useless.Jim Bell I started using G.C. in 1994 version ?….  Before 1994 I was still getting full use out of my Apple IIe :-) On 14 Nov 2016, at 8:06 PM, gcmac@yahoogroups.com wrote:GC Group 2 Messages Digest #4015 1a Twain Issues by "Chuck Boody" chuck_boody 1b Re: Twain Issues by "Thorsten Lemke" thorstenlemke Messages 1a Twain Issues Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:28 pm (PST) . Posted by: "Chuck Boody" chuck_boody Hi,Long time user…since version 1!I have a Perfection 4990 Photo scanner on a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.5. I can not get GC to be aware of the scanner. It does not see it in the window to select the TWAIN driver. My recollection is that one used to set GC to run in 32 bit mode to solve this problem, but that does not seem to be available any longer. Image Capture and the Epson Scan itself both run correctly, and you can choose the scanner in the Epson Scan window. The scanner does not show up in the Printers & Scanners Preferences window either.Any suggestions? I can scan using Epson Scan, but the convenience of having the scan opened in GC is lost.Thanks,Chuck BoodyReply to sender  . Reply to group  . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (2) . Top ^1b Re: Twain Issues Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:31 pm (PST) . Posted by: "Thorsten Lemke" thorstenlemke Dear Chuck,ah - that is the usual problem of old no longer mantained scanner drivers.A 64 bit app do not see an old 32 bit driver.So, just download the old version 8 of GraphicConverter to scan in 32 bit with twain.Thorsten> > Hi,> > Long time user…since version 1!> > I have a Perfection 4990 Photo scanner on a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.5. I can not get GC to be aware of the scanner. It does not see it in the window to select the TWAIN driver. My recollection is that one used to set GC to run in 32 bit mode to solve this problem, but that does not seem to be available any longer. Image Capture and the Epson Scan itself both run correctly, and you can choose the scanner in the Epson Scan window. The scanner does not show up in the Printers & Scanners Preferences window either.> > Any suggestions? I can scan using Epson Scan, but the convenience of having the scan opened in GC is lost.> > Thanks,> > Chuck BoodyReply to sender  . Reply to group  . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (2) . Top ^VISIT YOUR GROUP New Members 2• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use