Convert changes orientation

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
mdonap

Convert changes orientation

Post by mdonap »

I scanned a bunch (i.e. thousands) of slides and fixed the orientation of each image to landscape or portrait. When I view the images in Finder, the orientations are correct. I used GC to convert each image from TIF to JPG, and reduce the size (max size, checking 'invert for vertical' and 'proportional'). However, the converted images are all in portrait mode, and some are upside down. How can I convert the images and have the orientation stay intact?
thorstenlemke

Re: Convert changes orientation

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please e-mail your image file and the used batch for checking.No other such report.Thorsten I scanned a bunch (i.e. thousands) of slides and fixed the orientation of each image to landscape or portrait. When I view the images in Finder, the orientations are correct. I used GC to convert each image from TIF to JPG, and reduce the size (max size, checking 'invert for vertical' and 'proportional'). However, the converted images are all in portrait mode, and some are upside down. How can I convert the images and have the orientation stay intact?