Slide show controls with movies?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
stodieck

Slide show controls with movies?

Post by stodieck »

When viewing a slide show with movies the cursor controls change to allow fine control of the movie. This is great but I can't discover how to go backward or forward between files in the slideshow list. Pressing fn on my keyboard advances to the next movie or picture, but there is no way to go backward; and this tactic is undocumented. ??
thorstenlemke

Re: Slide show controls with movies?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,many thanks for your e-mail.Just check the slideshow shortcuts in the help menu.Thorsten When viewing a slide show with movies the cursor controls change to allow fine control of the movie. This is great but I can't discover how to go backward or forward between files in the slideshow list. Pressing fn on my keyboard advances to the next movie or picture, but there is no way to go backward; and this tactic is undocumented. ?
stodieck

Post by stodieck »

I did find and disable one interfering application: "Easy Drag"Page down key, Page up key       Now works as described, but on my MBP keyboard these are; fn cursor up, fn cursor down  and I had another application using the fn key: "Easy Drag".  I now have good control over the slideshow. But the following shortcuts don't seem to be described correctly in the help menu:Press cursor left - Previous picture or start previous film        Movie stops. Reverses one frame on each cursor click, or plays slow reverse if the key is held down. I like this!Press cursor right or Space or click image - Next picture or start next film     Press cursor right - Movie stops. Forwards one frame on each cursor click, or plays slow forward if the key is held down. I like this!     Space - Stops or starts movie     Click image - advances to next in listPress cursor up - Pauses the slide show.      No effect. Robert S
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Robert,hmm, just works here with my normal keyboard.Thorsten       No effect. Robert S
Zalman Lazkowicz

How to make GC external editor for Photos in Sierra

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

I upgraded to Sierra, and the link to edit with GC in Photos is gone. How to fix it please ? Thanks, Zal
thorstenlemke

Re: How to make GC external editor for Photos in Sierra

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Zal,install the current GraphicConverter 10.2.Go to the system settings/extensions and enable the gc extension for photos.Thorsten On 7 Dec 2016, at 12:26, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I upgraded to Sierra, and the link to edit with GC in Photos is gone. How to fix it please ?Thanks,
Zalman Lazkowicz

Re: How to make GC external editor for Photos in Sierra [1 Attachmen

Apologize, I see it now there. Probably it was because the first time I opened photos in Sierra.Thanks On 7 Dec 2016, at 13:27, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below]Dear Zal,install the current GraphicConverter 10.2.Go to the system settings/extensions and enable the gc extension for photos.Thorsten<Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 12.27.13.png>On 7 Dec 2016, at 12:26, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I upgraded to Sierra, and the link to edit with GC in Photos is gone. How to fix it please ?Thanks,
Zalman Lazkowicz

Re: How to make GC external editor for Photos in Sierra

another problem suddenly, when I save an image after editing, the name of the file shows as: “fullsizeoutputd_96.tiff” (if I’m not mistaken), instead of DSCN…jpg.Never happened before.  On 7 Dec 2016, at 13:42, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Apologize, I see it now there. Probably it was because the first time I opened photos in Sierra.ThanksOn 7 Dec 2016, at 13:27, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below]Dear Zal,install the current GraphicConverter 10.2.Go to the system settings/extensions and enable the gc extension for photos.Thorsten<Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 12.27.13.png>On 7 Dec 2016, at 12:26, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I upgraded to Sierra, and the link to edit with GC in Photos is gone. How to fix it please ?Thanks,
Zalman Lazkowicz

file name changes

a little correction to my previous question about file changing the name. As soon as click “edit with GC” in Photos, the name of the file changes. I see it on top. The exact name: fullsizeoutput_d88.TIF  (RGB/8)Original name in this case should be DSCN6720.jpgThanks,Zal On 7 Dec 2016, at 14:25, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:another problem suddenly, when I save an image after editing, the name of the file shows as: “fullsizeoutputd_96.tiff” (if I’m not mistaken), instead of DSCN…jpg.Never happened before. On 7 Dec 2016, at 13:42, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Apologize, I see it now there. Probably it was because the first time I opened photos in Sierra.ThanksOn 7 Dec 2016, at 13:27, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below]Dear Zal,install the current GraphicConverter 10.2.Go to the system settings/extensions and enable the gc extension for photos.Thorsten<Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 12.27.13.png>On 7 Dec 2016, at 12:26, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I upgraded to Sierra, and the link to edit with GC in Photos is gone. How to fix it please ?Thanks,