file name changed

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Zalman Lazkowicz

file name changed

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

When I click “edit with GC” in Photos, the name of the file changes.Example:  DSCN6720.jpg  turns into: fullsizeoutput_d88.TIF  (RGB/8).   (when saving the edits it changes to .jpg)why this is happening and what is the fix please ?Thanks,Zal
thorstenlemke

Re: file name changed

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Zal,the name is provided by photos. So, that is an Apple issue.Apple will normally provide a temporary filename. Because it works internally with a database.Thorsten When I click “edit with GC” in Photos, the name of the file changes.Example:  DSCN6720.jpg  turns into: fullsizeoutput_d88.TIF  (RGB/8).   (when saving the edits it changes to .jpg)why this is happening and what is the fix please ?Thanks,Zal
Zalman Lazkowicz

Hi Thorsten,This thing started after I upgraded to Sierra few days ago. Before that everything was fine.So you still think it’s Apple’s issue ?Thanks,Zal On 8 Dec 2016, at 8:05, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Zal,the name is provided by photos. So, that is an Apple issue.Apple will normally provide a temporary filename. Because it works internally with a database.ThorstenWhen I click “edit with GC” in Photos, the name of the file changes.Example:  DSCN6720.jpg  turns into: fullsizeoutput_d88.TIF  (RGB/8).   (when saving the edits it changes to .jpg)why this is happening and what is the fix please ?Thanks,Zal
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Zal,yes, because the filename is provided by Apple photos.Thorsten Hi Thorsten,This thing started after I upgraded to Sierra few days ago. Before that everything was fine.So you still think it’s Apple’s issue ?Thanks,Zal
Brian Mason

Post by Brian Mason »

I'm pretty sure this is a temporary file GC creates so the original isn't changed while you work on the image.  Once you save your image with the same or a different name, the temporary file should disappear.Brian. On Dec 7, 2016, at 11:36 PM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:When I click “edit with GC” in Photos, the name of the file changes.Example:  DSCN6720.jpg  turns into: fullsizeoutput_d88.TIF  (RGB/8).   (when saving the edits it changes to .jpg)why this is happening and what is the fix please ?Thanks,Zal
Zalman Lazkowicz

Hi Brian,I haven’t had this problem before I upgraded to Sierra. File wasn’t changing.Now when I’m going to save the file after I’m done with editing, I have to change the name back to the original. It doesn’t change by itself. If you are not having this problem, assuming you have Sierra, then it’s not Photos.Zal On 8 Dec 2016, at 6:52, Brian Mason brian@wyomason.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I'm pretty sure this is a temporary file GC creates so the original isn't changed while you work on the image.  Once you save your image with the same or a different name, the temporary file should disappear.Brian.On Dec 7, 2016, at 11:36 PM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:When I click “edit with GC” in Photos, the name of the file changes.Example:  DSCN6720.jpg  turns into: fullsizeoutput_d88.TIF  (RGB/8).   (when saving the edits it changes to .jpg)why this is happening and what is the fix please ?Thanks,Zal
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Zal,hmm, I get here on the current 10.12.1 the correct name (only with the tif extension - that is exspected by Photos for edited images).Thorsten Hi Brian,I haven’t had this problem before I upgraded to Sierra. File wasn’t changing.Now when I’m going to save the file after I’m done with editing, I have to change the name back to the original. It doesn’t change by itself. If you are not having this problem, assuming you have Sierra, then it’s not Photos.ZalOn 8 Dec 2016, at 6:52, Brian Mason brian@wyomason.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I'm pretty sure this is a temporary file GC creates so the original isn't changed while you work on the image.  Once you save your image with the same or a different name, the temporary file should disappear.Brian.On Dec 7, 2016, at 11:36 PM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:When I click “edit with GC” in Photos, the name of the file changes.Example:  DSCN6720.jpg  turns into: fullsizeoutput_d88.TIF  (RGB/8).   (when saving the edits it changes to .jpg)why this is happening and what is the fix please ?Thanks,Zal
Zalman Lazkowicz

Re: file name changed [2 Attachments]

Thanks Thorsten, the attachments are zero kb, and I can’t open them. No saving, no quick look. > On 8 Dec 2016, at 8:48, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > <Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 07.47.05.png>
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,view them directly in the Yahoo group.Thorsten Thanks Thorsten,the attachments are zero kb, and I can’t open them. No saving, no quick look.> On 8 Dec 2016, at 8:48, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > <Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 07.47.05.png>
Zalman Lazkowicz

so Apple did that in order to discourage editing in external editors ? On 8 Dec 2016, at 9:04, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Thanks Thorsten,the attachments are zero kb, and I can’t open them. No saving, no quick look.> On 8 Dec 2016, at 8:48, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > <Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 07.47.05.png>