Edits not taking

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
ghostfox3

Edits not taking

Post by ghostfox3 »

Attachments :Mom & Dad Haircuts 2011 February1.jpgHello,I am having difficulty with convert and modify.I have cropped a small batch of photos and wish to put a line of black text on all the photos. Same words, one or two positioned bottom left instead of bottom right.I do the conversion and save to a sub folder.When I view the image in the GC browser, the text is on the wrong side, but has the right color of black. When I click on the image, it opens with the text in the right color and on the correct side.  When I load into the card and view in the CG browser the text color is the wrong color, yellow, a color I previously chose, but changed. I deleted the "yellow" text photos from my card and started fresh. When I play the card in my digital frame, the text is yellow. I want to see my changes in my sub folder, not what I was the image was before I changed the text color and position.I have done this process several times and keep getting the same unwanted result.I an enclosing one of the photos.Thank you in advance.Lorettga
thorstenlemke

Re: Edits not taking [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Lorettga,the previews here are correct.Do you use the current verson 10.2?Thorsten Hello,I am having difficulty with convert and modify.I have cropped a small batch of photos and wish to put a line of black text on all the photos. Same words, one or two positioned bottom left instead of bottom right.I do the conversion and save to a sub folder.When I view the image in the GC browser, the text is on the wrong side, but has the right color of black. When I click on the image, it opens with the text in the right color and on the correct side.  When I load into the card and view in the CG browser the text color is the wrong color, yellow, a color I previously chose, but changed. I deleted the "yellow" text photos from my card and started fresh. When I play the card in my digital frame, the text is yellow. I want to see my changes in my sub folder, not what I was the image was before I changed the text color and position.I have done this process several times and keep getting the same unwanted result.I an enclosing one of the photos.Thank you in advance.Lorettga
ghostfox3

Re: Edits not taking

Post by ghostfox3 »

Thorsten, Yes, the preview will show as having the text in black and on the correct side.However, when I load to card and play in digital frame, the text is yellow.Does not matter how many times I do this, it shows up as yellow not black.This just started happening.I am using version 8.8.3Thank you,Loretta
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Loretta,which macOS do you use?Thorsten Thorsten, Yes, the preview will show as having the text in black and on the correct side.However, when I load to card and play in digital frame, the text is yellow.Does not matter how many times I do this, it shows up as yellow not black.This just started happening.I am using version 8.8.3Thank you,Loretta
ghostfox3

Post by ghostfox3 »

Thorsten,El Captain 10.11.4
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,ah - that is simple.Apple did change much with 10.11 and later.GraphicConverter 8 was designed for 10.6 to 10.9.Please use the current version 10.3 of GraphicConverter for your recent macOS.Thorsten Thorsten,El Captain 10.11.4
ghostfox3

Post by ghostfox3 »

Thorsten,I purchased GC version 9 before I saw this reply and after read that 9 will work with El Capitan.I have downloaded and have the disk image but I need the license number to put in before I can do anything.I downloaded from Ap store.Order ID # MM06T0ZYYBHow do I obtain license?Loretta
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Loretta,ah - Mac App Store.Just trash the installed version.Launch your Mac App Store app.Go to the purchased items and reinstall from there.Thorsten Thorsten,I purchased GC version 9 before I saw this reply and after read that 9 will work with El Capitan.I have downloaded and have the disk image but I need the license number to put in before I can do anything.I downloaded from Ap store.Order ID # MM06T0ZYYBHow do I obtain license?Loretta
ghostfox3

Post by ghostfox3 »

Thorsten,I have done what you suggested and when I click on the GC9 icon to open I get the window requesting a license number. Where do I find the license number and the manual for this version?There are no read me files.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,you find the manual in the help menu of the software (as usual for all GraphicConverter versions).Which version did you license?Thorsten Thorsten,I have done what you suggested and when I click on the GC9 icon to open I get the window requesting a license number. Where do I find the license number and the manual for this version?There are no read me files.