Re: Digest Number 4030

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Richard A. Fowell

Re: Digest Number 4030

Post by Richard A. Fowell »

> the ZapfDingbats font has no character assigned to Q following to PopChar. > So, the system reports an error message to GC and GC resets to the default font. It seems that if I want the Greek letters from the Symbols font, or the symbols from the Zapf Dingbats font, I can copy/paste them from Apple Fontbook (or similar programs)  by bringing up Symbol in Fontbook, selecting the tabular view, then copying the symbol I want and pasting it into GraphicConverter. Much less convenient for me than the original key mapping where I typed English letters in Symbol to get the Greek equivalents, but apparently Apple  has moved on. The original way and Apple's new way are discussed in this Apple help topic: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2520868?tstart=0 The help topic was from 2010 - but I didn't notice this change until I used GraphicConverter for a geometry diagram this week. Perhaps the fact that I usually use Microsoft 2008 Excel & Word for equations hid this from me. Richard A. Fowell