eps and pict preview

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
bk_in_the_bay

eps and pict preview

Post by bk_in_the_bay »

Hi, I often receive eps files from the pc and unix worlds. I would like to create pict previews of these files and embed them in the resource forks of the eps files. So far, using GC in conjunction with ghostscript, I have been able to create nice pict versions of the eps but I cannot find a way to add those previews in the resource forks. I have tried playing around with the 'Copy File into Resource' item of the special menu in GC but I did not succeed. Ultimately I would like to write a script that would automate this task. Thanks for any help, Bernard.
thorstenlemke

Re: eps and pict preview

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 25.04.2003 19:55 Uhr schrieb "bk_in_the_bay" unter <bknaepen@mac.com>: > I often receive eps files from the pc and unix worlds. I would like > to create pict previews of these files and embed them in the resource > forks of the eps files. > So far, using GC in conjunction with ghostscript, I have been able to > create nice pict versions of the eps but I cannot find a way to add those > previews in the resource forks. I have tried playing around with the > 'Copy File into Resource' item of the special menu in GC but I did > not succeed. > Ultimately I would like to write a script that would automate this > task. Hello, Please retry with the next beta (b2). It should work there with the normal preview creation. Thorsten
Peter Manns

Post by Peter Manns »

have a try on this task with "eps-factory", a trial version may be obtained from http://www.artage.com/ "eps-factory" can do batch file processing. --On 25. April 2003 17:55 Uhr +0000 bk_in_the_bay <bknaepen@mac.com> wrote: > I often receive eps files from the pc and unix worlds. I would like > to create pict previews of these files and embed them in the resource > forks of the eps files. > So far, using GC in conjunction with ghostscript, I have been able to > create nice pict versions of the eps but I cannot find a way to add those > previews in the resource forks. I have tried playing around with the > 'Copy File into Resource' item of the special menu in GC but I did > not succeed. best regards, Peter Manns -- Fraunhofer Institut fuer Werkstoffmechanik IWM http://www.iwm.fraunhofer.de
bk_in_the_bay

Post by bk_in_the_bay »

--- In graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com, lemkesoft@t... wrote: > Am 25.04.2003 19:55 Uhr schrieb "bk_in_the_bay" unter <bknaepen@m...>: > > > I often receive eps files from the pc and unix worlds. I would like > > to create pict previews of these files and embed them in the resource > > forks of the eps files. > > So far, using GC in conjunction with ghostscript, I have been able to > > create nice pict versions of the eps but I cannot find a way to add those > > previews in the resource forks. I have tried playing around with the > > 'Copy File into Resource' item of the special menu in GC but I did > > not succeed. > > Ultimately I would like to write a script that would automate this > > task. > Hello, > > Please retry with the next beta (b2). > It should work there with the normal preview creation. > > Thorsten Hi, I just tried with the new beta. The preview is however not seen by applications like Powerpoint or OzTeX which I use. The file gets bigger so I guess somthing is added in the resource fork? Bernard.