dxf export query

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
RowlandCarson

dxf export query

Post by RowlandCarson »

Attachments :Does anyone know if DXF supports such things as the lines connecting a note to an object on the drawing, and material textures/crosshatchings/grayscales.I have a small drawing with both of these types of entities, and when exported to DXF and re-opened, they have disappeared. The text is present, but the underline & connecting pointer have gone; the outlines are present, but the shadings within them have gone. I want to be able to send the files to people who don't use CADintosh, and don't use Macs. Obviously I could send a PDF, but I want to allow them the option of further editing in whatever CAD package they use.As they are quite small files, I have taken the liberty of attaching them to this posting for comments.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
thorstenlemke

Re: dxf export query

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Rowland,DXF 14/15 do not support this, yet.Most CAD apps simple flatten such complex objects upon save into normallines/text.Thorsten > > Does anyone know if DXF supports such things as the lines connecting> a note to an object on the drawing, and material> textures/crosshatchings/grayscales.> > > I have a small drawing with both of these types of entities, and when> exported to DXF and re-opened, they have disappeared. The text is> present, but the underline & connecting pointer have gone; the> outlines are present, but the shadings within them have gone. I want> to be able to send the files to people who don't use CADintosh, and> don't use Macs. Obviously I could send a PDF, but I want to allow> them the option of further editing in whatever CAD package they use.> > > As they are quite small files, I have taken the liberty of attaching> them to this posting for comments.> > > regards> > > Rowland> -