Prompt Line Default Value

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
tkat@tkat.com

Post by tkat@tkat.com »

The default value for the prompt line seems to be 2 decimal.This is very unfriendly to small design work done in inches. I need to have 3 decimal accuracy at a minimum. 5/8" is 0.625" NOT 0.62"The 2 work-arounds I have found are either:a. re-enter the value for multiples of the same item [circles at points, &c.]b. select the previous value from the pop-up menu located lower right.Both are tedious and promote mistrakes.How can I change the default value to 3 decimals?Regards, Tkat From Murphy's Rules of Combat:"If the enemy's within range, so are you."
RowlandCarson

Re: Prompt Line Default Value

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2005-05-17 10:20 -0700 tkat@tkat.com wrote: >The default value for the prompt line seems to be 2 decimal>How can I change the default value to 3 decimals Tkat - from the options menu, choose Display...In the Elements tab, set the Input line text box value to 3. Probably good to do the same for the Coordinate display value so measurements in the Info pallete show your desired resolution too.Sorry for the delay in responding.I get the feeling the 50 other folk on this list know even less than me (and I only know what I've picked up from rummaging around) or one of them might have beaten me to it.Or maybe they know everything and are just sitting back silently laughing at you and me struggling with the basics .... :-)regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
tkat@tkat.com

Post by tkat@tkat.com »

>> Or maybe they know everything and are just sitting back silently> laughing at you and me struggling with the basics .... :-)>> regards>> Rowland> Scheech!!. You & Lemke are the only ones that ever respond. And he hasn't come up w/ an answer to my off-set arc question yet.Only wish I had time to do some more bash'n thru it. But ptr [pay-the-rent] work comes 1st.Tkat From Murphy's Rules of Combat:"If you really don't like some one, salute them. Enemy snipers will think they're an Officer."
Jon Guyer

Post by Jon Guyer »

On May 19, 2005, at 3:09 PM, tkat@tkat.com wrote: >>>> Or maybe they know everything and are just sitting back silently>> laughing at you and me struggling with the basics .... :-)>>>> regards>>>> Rowland>>>> Scheech!!. You & Lemke are the only ones that ever respond. And he> hasn't come up w/ an answer to my off-set arc question yet. Certainly no silent laughing on my part.I can't speak for anybody else, but I've been extraordinarily busy and haven't actually been using CADintosh for much in awhile.That, and I'm still waiting for friends of mine at the UN to translate your voluminous posts into English. They're still waiting on a reply from the codebreakers at NSA, though. 8^)
tkat@tkat.com

Post by tkat@tkat.com »

>>> That, and I'm still waiting for friends of mine at the UN to translate> your voluminous posts into English.  They're still waiting on a reply> from the codebreakers at NSA, though. 8^)> Hey, yer real lucky I don't speak "Southern". ;^)TkatYou may be a racer if.............. - When you hear 'overcooked it', instead of food you think 'off the track'.
Jon Guyer

Post by Jon Guyer »

On May 20, 2005, at 10:18 AM, tkat@tkat.com wrote: >> That, and I'm still waiting for friends of mine at the UN to >> translate>> your voluminous posts into English.  They're still waiting on a reply>> from the codebreakers at NSA, though. 8^)>>>> Hey, yer real lucky I don't speak "Southern". ;^) I just got back last night from 'Bama. I might have better luck with the "Southern".
RowlandCarson

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2005-05-20 00:00 -0400 Jon Guyer wrote: >I've been extraordinarily busy and>haven't actually been using CADintosh for much in awhile Jon - understood. I occasionally use other applications beside CADintosh and even have a life outside my Mac .... check my website for proof!regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...