Printing list of Layer Names

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
scandiainn2000

Printing list of Layer Names

Post by scandiainn2000 »

I thought it might be helpful to use the "print" feature of the Define Layer window, however the results seem to have a formatting problem. "Previewing" in my print options reflects the same as is printed. Text seems to have Left/Right alignment but vertically the lines are cramed on top of each other. I tried changing parameters under Text/Note/Item Number menu but had no effects.What am I missing here?Thanks,Bill
RowlandCarson

Re: Printing list of Layer Names

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2006-02-14 17:52 +0000 scandiainn2000 wrote: >I thought it might be helpful to use the "print" feature of the >Define Layer window,>however the results seem to have a formatting problem Bill - what version of CADintosh? What version of Mac OS? Thorsten will probably want to know!It works fine for me under OS X 10.3.9 with CADintosh X v5.3.2. I checked a drawing that had as many layers as I could find (#0 - #9) and all seemed satisfactory. Incidentally, I tried scrolling down to higher-numbered (empty) layers on the screen, but that does not afect what is printed. The printout appears to be just the layers with stuff actually on them.I'm sorry, I have no clue as to why your printout is fouled-up.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,hmm, works here on my 10.4.4, too.What is your configuration?Thorsten > > At 2006-02-14 17:52 +0000 scandiainn2000 wrote:> >> I thought it might be helpful to use the "print" feature of the>> Define Layer window,>> however the results seem to have a formatting problem> > Bill - what version of CADintosh? What version of Mac OS? Thorsten> will probably want to know!> > It works fine for me under OS X 10.3.9 with CADintosh X v5.3.2. I> checked a drawing that had as many layers as I could find (#0 - #9)> and all seemed satisfactory. Incidentally, I tried scrolling down to> higher-numbered (empty) layers on the screen, but that does not afect> what is printed. The printout appears to be just the layers with> stuff actually on them.> > I'm sorry, I have no clue as to why your printout is fouled-up.> > regards> > Rowland> --
scandiainn2000

Post by scandiainn2000 »

--- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemkesoft@...> wrote: >> Hi,> > hmm, works here on my 10.4.4, too.> What is your configuration?> > Thorsten> > > Just upgraded to 10.4.5 and CADintosh X v5.3.2. Still have the same problem.Using an Epson R320 and a shared Epson R200 with Driver v2.1. Does it necessarily mean the trouble lies before the printer software if it shows up in Preview?
scandiainn2000

Post by scandiainn2000 »

Just discovered in the User Guide that the print function is supposed to print only the current selected layers. (which certainly makes it more functional!)I thought it was printing the layers listed in the current window view. With only one layer selected it produces the same garbled list of 10 or so layers. I was wondering if there was some sort of print cache that is not clearing? Does this offer any additional help with diagnosing the issue?I uploaded a screen shot of the print preview for viewing.Thanks,Bill
RowlandCarson

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2006-03-02 17:00 +0000 scandiainn2000 wrote: >I uploaded a screen shot of the print preview for viewing Bill - I agree, that looks awful! I have created a new folder in the files area called Rowland Carson & put 2 files in there: a screenshot of the layers window from a file with a number of layers, and the resulting printout.I assume you don't have ony other printing problems? As far as I know, Thorsten monitors this list, but he tends to be kept pretty busy over on the GraphicConverter list, where new releases appear with amazing rapidity in response to user feedback.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
scandiainn2000

Post by scandiainn2000 »

--- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Rowland Carson <rowil@...> wrote: >> Bill - I agree, that looks awful! I have created a new folder in the Thanks for the assistance Roland. Had another idea to check. Opened a new file and put data on 3 layers. Print feature works fine! Guess its up to the Guru