CADintosh 5.5b1 UB

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

CADintosh 5.5b1 UB

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released a new beta which fixes the reported import/export issue.The url is: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.htmlThorsten Lemke
thorstenlemke

CADintosh 5.5b1 UB

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released CADintosh 5.5 today.RegardsThorsten LemkeChanges 5.5Improvements* Universal Binary version* clear command to "Open Recent" submenu added* delete layer function added to the layer menu* localized support e-mail address item added to help menu (Italian, French, German)Bug fixes* crash upon try to join two splines fixed* not working font change in input line fixed* bug in selection of inch scale in Area:Options fixed* crash after opening Mess-Daten fixed* error in DXF export with very long texts fixed* error in DXF import of hatches fixed* error during selection in subwindow fixed* error in Symbol Alignment with automatic mode fixed* yes/no in input line localized* scroll wheel zoom bug in sub window fixed
Peter Barclay

Re: CADintosh 5.5b1 UB

Post by Peter Barclay »

Hello Thorsten, Do you have any sample artwork for viewing that has been done in CADintosh.Thank you, Peter Barclay. On 29 May 2006, at 11:08 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:> Hello,> I released CADintosh 5.5 today.>> Regards> Thorsten Lemke>> Changes 5.5>> Improvements> * Universal Binary version> * clear command to "Open Recent" submenu added> * delete layer function added to the layer menu> * localized support e-mail address item added to help menu (Italian, > French, German)>> Bug fixes> * crash upon try to join two splines fixed> * not working font change in input line fixed> * bug in selection of inch scale in Area:Options fixed> * crash after opening Mess-Daten fixed> * error in DXF export with very long texts fixed> * error in DXF import of hatches fixed> * error during selection in subwindow fixed> * error in Symbol Alignment with automatic mode fixed> * yes/no in input line localized> * scroll wheel zoom bug in sub window fixed>>>>>>>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>>>
RowlandCarson

sample files [was: CADintosh 5.5b1 UB]

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2006-05-30 21:40 +1000 Peter Barclay wrote: >Hello Thorsten, Do you have any sample artwork for viewing that has>been done in CADintosh. Peter - I don't know if Thorsten has any samples, but there are several (mostly quite simple) files created in CADintosh in the file-sharing area of this Yahoo! list. As it says at the bottom of the messages, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadintoshmac/and then have a look the files option.Some of the other folk inhabiting this list may also have stuff that might be useful to you, and might be prepaered to share it.Is there any particular sort of material that interests you? Are you trying to find out how powerful or flexible CADintosh is? Or if it's suitable for a particular discipline (eg mech engineering, architecture, etc)?regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
Peter Barclay

Re: sample files [was: CADintosh 5.5b1 UB]

Post by Peter Barclay »

Thank you Rowland for your prompt reply. I am a technical illustrator and I wanted to see what type of illustrations CADintosh could be used for. Is it a 3D program, or 2D only? Is it for isometric, dimetric or perspective? Is it a vector program? What type of files does it import or export? Regards, Peter. On 31 May 2006, at 05:36 AM, Rowland Carson wrote:> At 2006-05-30 21:40 +1000 Peter Barclay wrote:>> Hello Thorsten, Do you have any sample artwork for viewing that has>> been done in CADintosh.>> Peter - I don't know if Thorsten has any samples, but there are> several (mostly quite simple) files created in CADintosh in the> file-sharing area of this Yahoo! list. As it says at the bottom of> the messages, go to:>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadintoshmac/>> and then have a look the files option.>> Some of the other folk inhabiting this list may also have stuff that> might be useful to you, and might be prepaered to share it.>> Is there any particular sort of material that interests you? Are you> trying to find out how powerful or flexible CADintosh is? Or if it's> suitable for a particular discipline (eg mech engineering,> architecture, etc)?>> regards>> Rowland> -- > : Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/> : <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>>
RowlandCarson

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2006-06-01 10:46 +1000 Peter Barclay wrote: >I wanted to see what type of illustrations CADintosh could be used>for Peter - I suspect that CADintosh (or indeed any CAD application) may not be the optimum choice for technical illustration. Having said that, I do use it for producing illustrations to go in specifications or instructions written in a word-processor application. It just depends what sort of effect is desired - sometimes I find a MacDraw-type application such as OmniGraffle more suitable for that job. I have no experience with "painting" or "creative drawing" applications (eg Illustrator) - I'm an engineer, not an artist. >Is it a 3D program, or 2D only Strictly 2D. >Is it for isometric, dimetric>or perspective I guess you could produce all those types of drawing with it (although I'm not quite sure what you mean by "dimetric"). Its basic purpose is for producing engineering drawings, typically 3-views of the sort that used to be called "blueprints" (because of the reproduction process). >Is it a vector program Yes. >What type of files does it>import or export It has its own native format and reads and writes (some flavours of) .DXF; it will also import or export IGES & HPGL as well as PICT and a few special types such as airfoil co-ordinates that are of particular interest to me. One feature that I find very useful is the ability to import a TIFF file (for example, a scanned document or even a flat object). The resulting image can then be dimmed and new lines drawn over it to reproduce it exactly to size. Once the drawing is complete, the TIFF can be discarded.You might find answers to some of your questions on the CADintosh page at Thorsten's website:http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/cadintosh.htmYou might also want to look at the archives of this list and see some of the comments of other users. Coming from MacDraw/ClarisDraw, I found it a very steep learning curve at first. I have also used TurboCAD for Mac, which differs enough from CADintosh in its command set and philosophy to be confusing if you switch between the two. However, if you need to do any serious work involving elliptical curves, I feel the CADintosh ellipse tool has serious limitations which make TurboCAD the preferred tool in that sort of situation, despite it still being at version 1.0 and so still a bit rough at the edges.Hope this is helpful.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
Peter Barclay

Post by Peter Barclay »

Very helpful Rowland, Regards, Peter. On 02 Jun 2006, at 02:10 AM, Rowland Carson wrote:> At 2006-06-01 10:46 +1000 Peter Barclay wrote:>> I wanted to see what type of illustrations CADintosh could be used>> for>> Peter - I suspect that CADintosh (or indeed any CAD application) may> not be the optimum choice for technical illustration. Having said> that, I do use it for producing illustrations to go in specifications> or instructions written in a word-processor application. It just> depends what sort of effect is desired - sometimes I find a> MacDraw-type application such as OmniGraffle more suitable for that> job. I have no experience with "painting" or "creative drawing"> applications (eg Illustrator) - I'm an engineer, not an artist.>>> Is it a 3D program, or 2D only>> Strictly 2D.>>> Is it for isometric, dimetric>> or perspective>> I guess you could produce all those types of drawing with it> (although I'm not quite sure what you mean by "dimetric"). Its basic> purpose is for producing engineering drawings, typically 3-views of> the sort that used to be called "blueprints" (because of the> reproduction process).>>> Is it a vector program>> Yes.>>> What type of files does it>> import or export>> It has its own native format and reads and writes (some flavours of)> .DXF; it will also import or export IGES & HPGL as well as PICT and a> few special types such as airfoil co-ordinates that are of particular> interest to me. One feature that I find very useful is the ability to> import a TIFF file (for example, a scanned document or even a flat> object). The resulting image can then be dimmed and new lines drawn> over it to reproduce it exactly to size. Once the drawing is> complete, the TIFF can be discarded.>> You might find answers to some of your questions on the CADintosh> page at Thorsten's website:>> http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/cadintosh.htm>> You might also want to look at the archives of this list and see some> of the comments of other users. Coming from MacDraw/ClarisDraw, I> found it a very steep learning curve at first. I have also used> TurboCAD for Mac, which differs enough from CADintosh in its command> set and philosophy to be confusing if you switch between the two.> However, if you need to do any serious work involving elliptical> curves, I feel the CADintosh ellipse tool has serious limitations> which make TurboCAD the preferred tool in that sort of situation,> despite it still being at version 1.0 and so still a bit rough at the> edges.>> Hope this is helpful.>> regards>> Rowland> -- > : Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/> : <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>>>