This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
Michael Kelem

Post by Michael Kelem »

I'm new to Cadintosh-and any cad program for that matter. Does anybody know of good tutorials (outside of the home building exercise in the instructions) that would help me with my simple engineering drawings for my machinist? I hate to go back to cocktail napkins.Thanks,Michael
RowlandCarson

Re: Newbie

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2006-07-07 03:51 -0700 Michael Kelem wrote: >Does>anybody know of good tutorials Michael - this is a question that has come up before on this forum, and it looks like there is an opening for someone to create a "how-to" guide like the one Hagen Henke has made for Thorsten's other really useful software, GraphicConverter.I know I found changing from a "MacDraw" (or OmniGraffle for newer readers) environment (where you do everything with the mouse) to a CAD environment (where you need to key in numbers much more) quite difficult at first. (In comparison, TurboCAD for Mac does seem as though it would be easier to learn for folks more familiar with mouse-drawing; that's my own feeling and may not be entirely fair as I'd got a lot of time on CADintosh before TCfM came out, and so didn't need training in the "CAD" mindset.) Any how-to guide would probably only be useful for one application, and so would have a restricted market.One of the contributors, Tkat, did make some very useful postings which were "recipies" for doing various engineering-type things. You might find it worthwhile to look in the list archives for his messages with subject lines including "Chap 1" to "Chap 4", during April & May 2005, and some of the later follow-ups to those messages.Hope this helps.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
Michael Kelem

Re: Newbie

Post by Michael Kelem »

Hi Rowland,Thanks for the advice. I had TurboCad a long time ago and it went away-I didn't know it had returned. The software world for mac is funny like that.I'll track down these earlier posts and see what I can find out. Your drawings are also helpful/inspirational as well.Best regards,Michael On Jul 7, 2006, at 6:40 AM, Rowland Carson wrote:> At 2006-07-07 03:51 -0700 Michael Kelem wrote:>> >Does> >anybody know of good tutorials>> Michael - this is a question that has come up before on this forum,> and it looks like there is an opening for someone to create a> "how-to" guide like the one Hagen Henke has made for Thorsten's other> really useful software, GraphicConverter.>> I know I found changing from a "MacDraw" (or OmniGraffle for newer> readers) environment (where you do everything with the mouse) to a> CAD environment (where you need to key in numbers much more) quite> difficult at first. (In comparison, TurboCAD for Mac does seem as> though it would be easier to learn for folks more familiar with> mouse-drawing; that's my own feeling and may not be entirely fair as> I'd got a lot of time on CADintosh before TCfM came out, and so> didn't need training in the "CAD" mindset.) Any how-to guide would> probably only be useful for one application, and so would have a> restricted market.>> One of the contributors, Tkat, did make some very useful postings> which were "recipies" for doing various engineering-type things. You> might find it worthwhile to look in the list archives for his> messages with subject lines including "Chap 1" to "Chap 4", during> April & May 2005, and some of the later follow-ups to those messages.>> Hope this helps.>> regards>> Rowland> -- > : Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/> : <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...>>