DXF crash problem

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
jroshima@aol.com

DXF crash problem

Post by jroshima@aol.com »

Cadintosh Users:Help!I just sent this note to Thorsten & Co. @ Graphic Converter, but I thought some of you might have some insight.I'm having a problem with Cadintosh crashing. I am running Cadintosh 5.5 on an Apple Powerbook G4 550mhz with 1 Gig of RAM, using OSX 10.3.9. When I try to save a drawing as a DXF files (codepage DOS and also Apple) the program prompts me to "verify" all elements. When I click on the button, Cadintosh begins "verifying" the file for a moment - one second or so- and then it crashes. I tried re-installing Cadintosh; verifying the drawing before trying to save it as a DXF; deleting some layers ( about 20 used in the original). The original file seems to be unaffected by the crashes, and I can save it AND REOPEN IT as an IGES file. I am eager to save the file as a DXF files because I think that is the best way to get it translated into a DWG file, so I can send it to machine shops. Maybe I'm wrong about that.Thank you for your time and consideration.Jon OshimaBrooklyn, USA917 673 0902________________________________________________________________________Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.
RowlandCarson

Re: DXF crash problem

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2006-08-20 21:25 -0400 jroshima@aol.com wrote: >I'm having a problem with Cadintosh crashing. I am running Cadintosh>5.5 on an Apple Powerbook G4 550mhz with 1 Gig of RAM, using OSX>10.3.9. When I try to save a drawing as a DXF files (codepage DOS and>also Apple) the program prompts me to "verify" all elements. When I>click on the button, Cadintosh begins "verifying" the file for a moment>- one second or so- and then it crashes Jon - don't think I've come across this. Can you put a (small) CADintosh sample file in the Yahoo files area so that others might try to replicate the problem?regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
jroshima@aol.com

Re: DXF crash problem

Rowland:I'll say this about Cadintosh: you cannot beat the support. Soon after I sent out the message requesting help I got a reply from Thorsten also requesting the (whole) file. I would be happy to also put up a sample, but at the moment I'm having trouble accessing my yahoo account.Thanks for your quick reply (again).Jon-----Original Message-----From: rowil@clara.netTo: cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.comSent: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 6:05 PMSubject: Re: [cadintoshmac] DXF crash problem At 2006-08-20 21:25 -0400 jroshima@aol.com wrote: >I'm having a problem with Cadintosh crashing. I am running Cadintosh>5.5 on an Apple Powerbook G4 550mhz with 1 Gig of RAM, using OSX>10.3.9. When I try to save a drawing as a DXF files (codepage DOS and>also Apple) the program prompts me to "verify" all elements. When I>click on the button, Cadintosh begins "verifying" the file for a moment>- one second or so- and then it crashes Jon - don't think I've come across this. Can you put a (small)CADintosh sample file in the Yahoo files area so that others mighttry to replicate the problem?regardsRowland--: Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...Yahoo! Groups Links________________________________________________________________________Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.
jroshima@aol.com

DXF crash problem

Users:I have succeeded with the following work around with the file which was causing Cadintosh to crash when saved as a DXF:1 Save it as an IGS file. ("Save As" options)2 Import it back into Cadintosh3 Save it as a DXF4 To check that this worked, I then re-imported it back into Cadintosh and it SEEMS to be OK.Jon________________________________________________________________________Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.