Problems

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
jroshima@aol.com

Problems

Post by jroshima@aol.com »

I just sent the following message to Thorsten Lemke @ lemkesoft:I contacted you recently about a Cadintosh problem. I'm sorry that I can't include that email exchange here because I no longer have it.The first problems I was having had to do with saving a .CAD file as a DXF,which would cause the program to crash. For that, you sent me a patchprogram. Thank you for that - but in the mean time I had figured out awork-around: by saving the file as an IGES I was then able to open it and save it again as a DXF without crashing. The next set of problems had to do with the "alternative unit".Originally I was using millimeters as both the base unit and thealternative unit for the dimensions. Then, I tried to use the"alternative dimension" to draw inch measurements.But here was a problem: the pre set inch conversion number was .0394(which created errors). The program did let me change that number to.03937" which produced correct answers. However, with no warning, thatnumber would revert to .0394, apparently any time the "Options" menuwas accessed. As you can imagine, this led to errors (which aresignificant at the distances/tolerances I am working with. In the end Ifound that this problem could be fixed by saving the file as a DXF. I have included two files which illustrate this problem. AltUnitProb.CAD is from before the number was changed; AltUnitFix.DXF is from after. I have compressed the files into zip files: if you would prefer something eles, please let me know. Now I'm having a more serious problem. My DXF files cannot be opened. Four different vendors (all running AutoCad/ Windows), who could open an earlier version of these drawings, nowcannot open them at all. One said that, from his examination it lookedlike the drawing information was intact, but that the "header" is bad.I've tried a series of things, including saving with different DXF "codepage:" formats & saving as an IGES file. "OshDos1.DXF is one version of this file. This series of problems, especially this last one, have left me feelingvery frustrated. If I am doing things that I should not do, what arethey? Or are my problems examples of problems with Cadintosh. Is there anything you can do to rescue my files? After many hours of work am I left with a useless file?Jon OshimaCheck out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.