Re: Digest Number 98

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
William Hostman

Re: Digest Number 98

Post by William Hostman »

On > Incidentally, a lot of your questions can be answered by looking in> the manual - but maybe it doesn't come with the unregistered version?> Seems unlikely - it's in Thorsten's interest to let people find out> how to use the tool before they commit to registering. The included manual is pretty skimpy. Quite honestly, it's barely adequate.But, since Thorsten also is selling a third party's manual for his software, I suspect that to be far more complete, but have no way of knowing... I'm too cheap to buy it!
RowlandCarson

CADintosh manual [was: Digest Number 98]

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2007-02-05 21:08 -0900 William Hostman wrote: >The included manual is pretty skimpy. Quite honestly, it's barely >adequate.>>But, since Thorsten also is selling a third party's manual for his >software, I suspect that to be far more complete, but have no way of >knowing... I'm too cheap to buy it! William - I don't recall buying anything extra in the way of a manual for CADintosh - although my memory may well be letting me down, it's a long time since I registered. I'll have to take a look at the Lemkesoft website again and see if there's something I'm missing. I have bought Hagen Henke's excellent manual for GraphicConverter (Thorsten's other very useful tool), but can't recall being aware of a similar thing being available for CADintosh.The first 2 items in my CADintosh help menu are:Open Users Guide... which brings up a 100-page document - a reference manual which says what everything in the application does;Open Introduction... which brings up a 34-page document - a how-to walk-through of most of the basic capabilities, using a house plan as an example.True, the Users Guide does not give examples of use, but "skimpy" would not occur to me as the first adjective for it.Is the 3rd-party manual you refer to different from either of these, or are you missing one of those items on the Help menu?I've found that almost all of my questions can be answered from the Users Guide, but that I often have difficulty in knowing how to locate the information I need. Although this forum (cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com) is rather low-traffic, I have found it useful to discuss my difficulties here because someone else may have found the place in the maunal that has eluded me. Short of someone compiling a complete how-to-do-it manual, or running a seminar for new users, posting and responding on this e-mail list is probably the best way to improve the learning curve.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...