Vector HPGL

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
rgeoghegan

Vector HPGL

Post by rgeoghegan »

Hello everyone. I am a Mac user and have Adobe CS. I have just purchasedseveral older vinyl cutters and would like to be able to send HPGL filesfrom Adobe Illustrator. We have already invested the money on 4computers and don’t want to spend that much again just to drive aplotter/cutter. I downloaded the trial for Cadintosh. It opens a dxf file fine, but myHPGL options are grayed out. The online guide explains the program, notthe procedure. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
William Hostman

Re: Vector HPGL

Post by William Hostman »

> 1. Vector HPGL> Posted by: "rgeoghegan@jam.rr.com" rgeoghegan@jam.rr.com geoghrr> Date: Fri Mar 9, 2007 7:47 am ((PST))>> Hello everyone. I am a Mac user and have Adobe CS. I have just > purchased> several older vinyl cutters and would like to be able to send HPGL > files> from Adobe Illustrator. We have already invested the money on 4> computers and don’t want to spend that much again just to drive a> plotter/cutter.>> I downloaded the trial for Cadintosh. It opens a dxf file fine, but my> HPGL options are grayed out. The online guide explains the program, > not> the procedure. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.> Giving it a try, I found the following:Define an HPGL area. (File -> Export -> Define HPGL Area with Window). Click twice to set area bounds. HPGL Options ungreys..Set HPGL Options.(File -> Export -> HPGL Options)Dialogue opens.Save as (File -> Save As...)set type to HPGLMind you, I'm registered, so... YMMV
rgeoghegan

Post by rgeoghegan »

Thanks...it sounds so simple when you see it in print. Can you rotate ormirror? ----- Original Message -----From: William Hostman <y1@aramis.angeltowns.com>Date: Friday, March 9, 2007 11:27 amSubject: [cadintoshmac] Re: Vector HPGLTo: cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> > 1. Vector HPGL> > Posted by: "rgeoghegan@jam.rr.com" rgeoghegan@jam.rr.com geoghrr> > Date: Fri Mar 9, 2007 7:47 am ((PST))> >> > Hello everyone. I am a Mac user and have Adobe CS. I have just > > purchased> > several older vinyl cutters and would like to be able to send > HPGL > > files> > from Adobe Illustrator. We have already invested the money on 4> > computers and don’t want to spend that much again just to drive a> > plotter/cutter.> >> > I downloaded the trial for Cadintosh. It opens a dxf file fine, > but my> > HPGL options are grayed out. The online guide explains the > program, > > not> > the procedure. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.> >> > Giving it a try, I found the following:> > Define an HPGL area. (File -> Export -> Define HPGL Area with > Window). Click twice to set area bounds.> HPGL Options ungreys..> Set HPGL Options.(File -> Export -> HPGL Options)> Dialogue opens.> Save as (File -> Save As...)> set type to HPGL> > Mind you, I'm registered, so... YMMV> > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------> ~--> > Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email > design.http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA ... /EGnolB/TM> --------------------------------------------------------------------> ~-> > > > Yahoo! Groups Links> > > >
RowlandCarson

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2007-03-09 14:23 -0600 rgeoghegan@jam.rr.com wrote: >Can you rotate or>mirror? rgeoghegan - you can mirror or rotate selected items within a drawing. Pick the appropriate tool from the toolbox (command-k to show it if needed) - the one you want is in the 4th box down on the left side; it gives access to various moving tools. If you want to mirror or rotate the whole drawing, just select everything at the appropriate stage of the operation.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...