No one can read my file

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
comscout

No one can read my file

Post by comscout »

I have sent a design to a number of cutting companies but noone seems to be able to read it . Its a dxf file, from the latest version of cadintosh - http://www.iknowthe.net/emmakane4.DXF see here.Can anyone help? If anyone can open it and save it in a more autocad friendly format, or tell me what I am doing wrong I would be very grateful. (They can't read the CAD files either...)Emma
wyzardofdogz

Re: No one can read my file

Post by wyzardofdogz »

--- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "comscout" <comscout@...> wrote: >> I have sent a design to a number of cutting companies but noone seems to be able to read it > . Its a dxf file, from the latest version of cadintosh - http://www.iknowthe.net/> emmakane4.DXF see here.> > > Can anyone help? If anyone can open it and save it in a more autocad friendly format, or tell > me what I am doing wrong I would be very grateful. (They can't read the CAD files either...)> > Emma> Hi Emma:I had the same problem with my brother's window$ computer. The AutoCAD doesn't recognize the .dxf files CADintosh makes. He had to download a file converter that was capable of reading the .dxf files made on a mac. And the .cad files definitely can only be opened by CADintosh (even if the AutoCAD is on a mac computer.) I guess that's the price we pay for software that doesn't cost anything. But fear not, there definitely is a file conversion program that can do what you need.
comscout

Post by comscout »

--- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "wyzardofdogz" <wyzardofdogz@...> wrote: >> --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "comscout" <comscout@> wrote:> >> > I have sent a design to a number of cutting companies but noone seems to be able to read it > > . Its a dxf file, from the latest version of cadintosh - http://www.iknowthe.net/> > emmakane4.DXF see here.> > > > > > Can anyone help? If anyone can open it and save it in a more autocad friendly format, or tell > > me what I am doing wrong I would be very grateful. (They can't read the CAD files either...) > > > > Emma> >> > Hi Emma:> > I had the same problem with my brother's window$ computer. The AutoCAD doesn't recognize the .dxf files CADintosh makes. He had to download a file converter that was capable of reading the .dxf files made on a mac. And the .cad files definitely can only be opened by CADintosh (even if the AutoCAD is on a mac computer.) I guess that's the price we pay for software that doesn't cost anything. But fear not, there definitely is a file conversion program that can do what you need.Anyone know the name of the windows utility? This sucks, very badly by the way. I'd have happily paid for software that didnt output unreadable files, if I'd have known of this issue.
rgeoghegan

Post by rgeoghegan »

That is a vinyl cutter I am sending to. ----- Original Message -----From: comscout <comscout@yahoo.com>Date: Monday, April 16, 2007 11:45 amSubject: [cadintoshmac] Re: No one can read my fileTo: cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "wyzardofdogz" > <wyzardofdogz@...> wrote:> >> > --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "comscout" <comscout@> wrote:> > >> > > I have sent a design to a number of cutting companies but noone > seems to be able to > read it > > > . Its a dxf file, from the latest version of cadintosh - > http://www.iknowthe.net/> > emmakane4.DXF see here.> > > > > > > > > Can anyone help? If anyone can open it and save it in a more > autocad friendly format, > or tell > > > me what I am doing wrong I would be very grateful. (They can't > read the CAD files > either...)> > > > > > Emma> > >> > > > Hi Emma:> > > > I had the same problem with my brother's window$ computer. The > AutoCAD doesn't > recognize the .dxf files CADintosh makes. He had to download a > file converter that was > capable of reading the .dxf files made on a mac. And the .cad > files definitely can only be > opened by CADintosh (even if the AutoCAD is on a mac computer.) I > guess that's the price > we pay for software that doesn't cost anything. But fear not, > there definitely is a file > conversion program that can do what you need.> > > Anyone know the name of the windows utility? This sucks, very badly > by the way. I'd have > happily paid for software that didnt output unreadable files, if > I'd have known of this issue.> > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links> > > >
rgeoghegan

Post by rgeoghegan »

I did a lot of wasted testing before emailing Thorsten Lemke. I sent himthe file and there is a layer issue coming out of Adobe Illustrator CSfrom the Mac. Illustrator also has undocumented code and Thorsten Lemkewas unable to offer a solution with Illustrator CS. I had no problemssaving from Illustrator 8. I sent several test from AI 8 and saved formy cutter successfully in HPGL. ----- Original Message -----From: comscout <comscout@yahoo.com>Date: Monday, April 16, 2007 11:45 amSubject: [cadintoshmac] Re: No one can read my fileTo: cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "wyzardofdogz" > <wyzardofdogz@...> wrote:> >> > --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "comscout" <comscout@> wrote:> > >> > > I have sent a design to a number of cutting companies but noone > seems to be able to > read it > > > . Its a dxf file, from the latest version of cadintosh - > http://www.iknowthe.net/> > emmakane4.DXF see here.> > > > > > > > > Can anyone help? If anyone can open it and save it in a more > autocad friendly format, > or tell > > > me what I am doing wrong I would be very grateful. (They can't > read the CAD files > either...)> > > > > > Emma> > >> > > > Hi Emma:> > > > I had the same problem with my brother's window$ computer. The > AutoCAD doesn't > recognize the .dxf files CADintosh makes. He had to download a > file converter that was > capable of reading the .dxf files made on a mac. And the .cad > files definitely can only be > opened by CADintosh (even if the AutoCAD is on a mac computer.) I > guess that's the price > we pay for software that doesn't cost anything. But fear not, > there definitely is a file > conversion program that can do what you need.> > > Anyone know the name of the windows utility? This sucks, very badly > by the way. I'd have > happily paid for software that didnt output unreadable files, if > I'd have known of this issue.> > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links> > > >