Re: [gcmac] CADintosh question - grouping elements

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
RowlandCarson

Re: [gcmac] CADintosh question - grouping elements

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2009-02-06 18:34 +0000 Ric Barline wrote: >How do you group>elements into a single object Ric - there should be a "group" menu (between "layer" and "symbol").Click on that and choose either "create" or "create with window".The first allows you to click on as many separate objects as you like to create the group (note the prompt at bottom left in the data entry area). When all are selected (they turn red when clicked) enter a number to identify the group and hit <return>.The second allows you to include everything within a rectangular window, which you define by dragging diagonally. Enter the identifying number as above to finish.Personally, I tend to use symbols more than groups. They can have a descriptive name applied, and can be shared between different files. >in other CAD programs, you can create a rectangle by dragging >diagonally from one>corner to another. In CADintosh (as far as I can tell at least) you >need to specify each corner by typing>in coordinates Correct. CADintosh has a line tool, but no rectangle tool.I, too, found CADintosh rather awkward to use after MacDraw II and ClarisDraw, but it simly apporaches things in a different way. Now that I also have TurboCAD MAC (which has some of the features you describe as desirable) I still prefer to use CADintosh. Of course, there are times when I have to use TurboCAD MAC - such as drawings that require elliptical shapes which will connect to other elements. I have brought this shortcoming to Thorsten's notice on several occasions, but I guess he is too busy with the much bigger money-earner GraphicConverter to do much work on CADintosh. >If there are any CADintosh users out there. please reply with some guidance I am copying this reply to the CADintosh e-mail group and suggest we continue the correspondence there so as not to bother the GraphicConverter people with stuff they're not interested in.To set up your membership of the e-mail list, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadintoshmac/joinYou'll need a Yahoo! account to do that, but if you have subscribed to the GraphicConverter group I guess you already have one.regardsRowland-- : Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...