6.0.1 Random crashes

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
scandiainn2000

6.0.1 Random crashes

Post by scandiainn2000 »

I have a 320k size cadintosh file that contains my house structure, electrical and plumbing that contains about 30 layers. The doc has gone through a number of app. versions as I have worked on it for several years. THis past year I exported my floor plan into Sketchup and have not used cadintosh much since. I was still running 6.0 today when I tried to do some work on it. It would open and run until I would toggle layers off and on and it would crash. Downloaded the 6.0.1 update but still having the same problem. I am running OS 10.5.6 on a 2.8 Dual quad Mac Pro with 6 Gb of ram. Do I have a file that has corrupted on me and if so is there any repair?Anybody else experiencing this?Thanks,Bill
RowlandCarson

Re: 6.0.1 Random crashes

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2009-02-15 19:48 +0000 scandiainn2000 wrote: >I have a 320k size cadintosh file>It would open and run until I would toggle layers off and on and it would>crash. Downloaded the 6.0.1 update but still having the same problem.>>I am running OS 10.5.6 on a 2.8 Dual quad Mac Pro with 6 Gb of ram. >Do I have a file that>has corrupted on me and if so is there any repair?>Anybody else experiencing this Bill - can't speak to your particular configuration but have not seen anything like that on my setup (PPC G4 CPU, Mac OS 10.4.11) - and I don't think any of my files are as big as yours.If you'd care to send me a copy of your file (either direct to me or by putting it up in the files section of this list) I'll see if I can replicate your symptoms. I'm going to be away fom base a bit in the next day or two so response may be delayed.regardsRowland-- : Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Re: [cadintoshmac] 6.0.1 Random crashes Hello,Can I get a copy of the file?ThorstenVon: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>Datum: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:50:11 +0000An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>Betreff: Re: [cadintoshmac] 6.0.1 Random crashes  At 2009-02-15 19:48 +0000 scandiainn2000 wrote: >I have a 320k size cadintosh file>It would open and run until I would toggle layers off and on and it would>crash.  Downloaded the 6.0.1 update but still having the same problem.>>I am running OS 10.5.6 on a 2.8 Dual quad Mac Pro with 6 Gb of ram. >Do I have a file that>has corrupted on me and if so is there any repair?>Anybody else experiencing this Bill - can't speak to your particular configuration but have not seen anything like that on my setup (PPC G4 CPU, Mac OS 10.4.11) - and I don't think any of my files are as big as yours.If you'd care to send me a copy of your file (either direct to me or by putting it up in the files section of this list) I'll see if I can replicate your symptoms. I'm going to be away fom base a bit in the next day or two so response may be delayed.regardsRowland--     
Jack C Binford

Post by Jack C Binford »

Thorsten,When this message opened, I got the following: "Unable to verify message signature.""The digital signature for this message is incorrect. The message may have been tampered with or corrupted since being signed by "lemke@lemkesoft.de."Best regards,Jack BinfordOn Feb 16, 2009, at 3:24 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: Hello, Can I get a copy of the file? Thorsten Von: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> Datum: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:50:11 +0000 An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> Betreff: Re: [cadintoshmac] 6.0.1 Random crashes     At 2009-02-15 19:48 +0000 scandiainn2000 wrote: >I have a 320k size cadintosh file >It would open and run until I would toggle layers off and on and it would >crash.  Downloaded the 6.0.1 update but still having the same problem. > >I am running OS 10.5.6 on a 2.8 Dual quad Mac Pro with 6 Gb of ram. >Do I have a file that >has corrupted on me and if so is there any repair? >Anybody else experiencing this Bill - can't speak to your particular configuration but have not seen anything like that on my setup (PPC G4 CPU, Mac OS 10.4.11) - and I don't think any of my files are as big as yours. If you'd care to send me a copy of your file (either direct to me or by putting it up in the files section of this list) I'll see if I can replicate your symptoms. I'm going to be away fom base a bit in the next day or two so response may be delayed. regards Rowland --     
Scandia Inn

Post by Scandia Inn »

Attachments :Thanks, Rowland & ThorstenI uploaded to the Files section. May be a clue is the upload shows on 134 KB when the Finer shows 320 KB. I'll try downloading this file and let you know.Bill
scandiainn2000

Post by scandiainn2000 »

--- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Scandia Inn <scandiainn@...> wrote:THink again. Could only get a text file to upload. Tried twice and got the same result.I will now try to email a copy to both of you.Bill
scandiainn2000

Post by scandiainn2000 »

--- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "scandiainn2000" <scandiainn@...> wrote: > Finally got it uploaded to the Files Section. Let me know if you have trouble downloading or opening. Typically, it will shut down after I change a few layer displays. Really haven't tried many other functions for similar a response or if it might be a function of time?Thanks,Bill
scandiainn2000

Post by scandiainn2000 »

--- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "scandiainn2000" <scandiainn@...>wrote: >> --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "scandiainn2000" scandiainn@ wrote: > >> Finally got it uploaded to the Files Section. Let me know if you have trouble downloading > or opening. Typically, it will shut down after I change a few layer displays. Really haven't > tried many other functions for similar a response or if it might be a function of time? >> Thanks,> Bill>