Input to random crash problem

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
Richard Tomkins

Input to random crash problem

Post by Richard Tomkins »

Input to random crash problem Just on an outside chance, I always recommend clients use Disk utility to verify / repair the volume integrity and also verify / repair their disk permissions when they experience random crashes.Deleting all plist entries for the application in question can also cure some nasty problems.This may have already occurred to you, if so, just toss some salt over your shoulder and moan about helpful support people.Regards, Richard
scandiainn2000

Re: Input to random crash problem

Post by scandiainn2000 »

--- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Richard Tomkins <tomkinsr@...> wrote: >> Just on an outside chance, I always recommend clients use Disk utility to> verify / repair the volume integrity and also verify / repair their disk> permissions when they experience random crashes.> > Deleting all plist entries for the application in question can also cure> some nasty problems.> > This may have already occurred to you, if so, just toss some salt over your> shoulder and moan about helpful support people.> > Regards, Richard> Thanks for your input and empathy, Richard! Tried both of those to no avail. Its unfortunately not random though and appears to be related to any changes in the layers view.I really don't know what to think since Rowland couldn't duplicate the issue on his machine.Anyone else out their with a Mac Pro running 10.5.6 might try to download from "Files" and see what they get.Thanks again,Bill