[ANN] CADintosh 6.1b0

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
RowlandCarson

Re: [ANN] CADintosh 6.1b0

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2009-03-18 09:51 +0000 Thorsten Lemke wrote: >I released a new beta today.>>It should fix a lot of bugs in the UB version.>>http://www.graphicconverter.net/beta.html>>We are currently working on updating the manuals.>>Please report any bugs. Thorsten - I have today noticed another minor irritation with the beta.Environment:Ti PowerBook G4, 1GHz, 1GB RAM, Mac OS 10.4.11The "open recent file" sub-menu lists the files with the most recent one at the bottom, which is different to any other application I've used, and I'm sure the most recent was at the top in previous versions of CADintosh.Looks as though I'm the only person in the world still using CADintosh (or who wants to keep using it), as no-one else seems to have posted any bug reports for this beta.Maybe that means CADintosh is no longer economic for you to develop?I haven't seen any response from you to my queries about sheets/pages posted on 2009-03-18.regardsRowland-- : Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
RowlandCarson

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2009-03-18 21:46 +0000 Rowland Carson wrote: >At 2009-03-18 19:00 +0100 Thorsten Lemke wrote:>>>The sheets folder is inside the CADintosh application package>>Thorsten - thanks, but how do we access those sheets (now, I see,>called pages)?>>There doesn't seem to be a way to open a page directly from within CADintosh.>>Obviously one can use the Finder context menu to see the package>contents and double-click on a page, but that's not very convenient.>>Incidentally, having tried it, I note that the double-click causes a>copy of the page to be generated within the folder, and that is what>actually opens. Is that the intended behaviour? Thorsten - I had no response to this query. I still cannot see any way to open the "pages" from within CADintosh, and the duplication of the file still occurs the same as before.regardsRowland-- : Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [cadintoshmac] [ANN] CADintosh 6.1b0 Hello Rownland,You access that normally from the Options/Drawing.ThorstenVon: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>Datum: Thu, 28 May 2009 21:39:31 +0100An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>Betreff: Re: [cadintoshmac] [ANN] CADintosh 6.1b0     At 2009-03-18 21:46 +0000 Rowland Carson wrote: >At 2009-03-18 19:00 +0100 Thorsten Lemke wrote:>>>The sheets folder is inside the CADintosh application package>>Thorsten - thanks, but how do we access those sheets (now, I see,>called pages)?>>There doesn't seem to be a way to open a page directly from within CADintosh.>>Obviously one can use the Finder context menu to see the package>contents and double-click on a page, but that's not very convenient.>>Incidentally, having tried it, I note that the double-click causes a>copy of the page to be generated within the folder, and that is what>actually opens. Is that the intended behaviour? Thorsten - I had no response to this query. I still cannot see any way to open the "pages" from within CADintosh, and the duplication of the file still occurs the same as before.regardsRowland--     
RowlandCarson

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2009-05-29 09:16 +0200 Thorsten Lemke wrote: >Hello Rownland,>>You access that normally from the Options/Drawing.>>Thorsten>>Von: Rowland Carson <<rowil@clara.net>rowil@clara.net>>Antworten an: <<cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>>Datum: Thu, 28 May 2009 21:39:31 +0100>An: <<cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>>Betreff: Re: [cadintoshmac] [ANN] CADintosh 6.1b0>>> >> >>At 2009-03-18 21:46 +0000 Rowland Carson wrote:>>>At 2009-03-18 19:00 +0100 Thorsten Lemke wrote:>>>>>The sheets folder is inside the CADintosh application package>>>>Thorsten - thanks, but how do we access those sheets (now, I see,>>called pages)?>>>>There doesn't seem to be a way to open a page directly from within CADintosh.>>>>Obviously one can use the Finder context menu to see the package>>contents and double-click on a page, but that's not very convenient.>>>>Incidentally, having tried it, I note that the double-click causes a>>copy of the page to be generated within the folder, and that is what>>actually opens. Is that the intended behaviour?>>Thorsten - I had no response to this query. I still cannot see any>way to open the "pages" from within CADintosh, and the duplication of>the file still occurs the same as before.>>regards>>Rowland Thorsten - thanks for the advice. I tried this (find I need to have a drawing open or the menu is greyed-out) and discovered that it crashed CADintosh.Process followed:Open the CADintosh beta application.Choose "new" from the file menu.Choose "drawing..." from the options menu.Choose "A3" from the paper size pop-up menu.After a short pause, the application disappears and I get the "unexpectedly quit" dialogue.I've tried a couple of different paper sizes with the same effect.Let me know if you want a crash log (be explicit about how I should obtain it!).regardsRowland-- : Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...