Calculating area

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
UKenGB

Calculating area

Post by UKenGB »

Having drawn the house plans, I need to calculate the overall area. I had a good look and couldn't see any vaguely relevant commands, but can't help thinking it's something Cadintosh ought to be able to do and hence maybe I'm missing something.Is there a way to get Cadintosh to calculate the area inside a defined outline?
Richard Ellam

Re: Calculating area

Post by Richard Ellam »

HI KenIf there is a way for Cadintosh to calculate areas I haven't found it in eight year's use... but maybe someone cleverer than me knows different?CheersRichard EllamOn 20 Dec 2009, at 16:31, ukengb wrote:   Having drawn the house plans, I need to calculate the overall area. I had a good look and couldn't see any vaguely relevant commands, but can't help thinking it's something Cadintosh ought to be able to do and hence maybe I'm missing something. Is there a way to get Cadintosh to calculate the area inside a defined outline?
Richard Ellam

Converting PDF files to DXF format

Post by Richard Ellam »

HIDoes anyone one have any recommendations for software that will reliably convert drawings in pdf format to dxf, so I can import them into Cadintosh for revision?Cheersand Happy XmasRichard Ellam
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [cadintoshmac] Calculating area Hi,Please use the hatching tool. Define the area and you will see the content size in the information window.ThorstenVon: Richard Ellam <richard@lminteractive.eclipse.co.uk>Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>Datum: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:35:17 +0000An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>Betreff: Re: [cadintoshmac] Calculating area      HI KenIf there is a way for Cadintosh to calculate areas I haven't found it in eight year's use... but maybe someone cleverer than me knows different?CheersRichard Ellam On 20 Dec 2009, at 16:31, ukengb wrote:         Having drawn the house plans, I need to calculate the overall area. I had a good look and couldn't see any vaguely relevant commands, but can't help thinking it's something Cadintosh ought to be able to do and hence maybe I'm missing something.  Is there a way to get Cadintosh to calculate the area inside a defined outline?
RowlandCarson

Re: Converting PDF files to DXF format

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2009-12-20 21:43 +0000 Richard Ellam wrote: >Does anyone one have any recommendations for software that will >reliably convert drawings in pdf format to dxf, so I can import them >into Cadintosh for revision Richard - I know that raster-to-vector software exists for windoze but have never seen any native for Mac yet.I have found the TIFF import facility in CADintosh very handy when dealing with files created by other packages, including photos. Of course I've only used it for fairly simple items that did not require too much work to overlay with CADintosh vectors - yours is probably too complex to make it worthwhile embarking on that route.But if you want to give it a try, first use GraphicConverter to change your PDF into a TIFF, import that TIFF into a CADintosh document, choose dim TIFFs and then just draw over it. You may have to do some re-sizing in GraphicConverter to get the scale right.regardsRowland-- : Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...: <rowil@clara.net> http://home.clara.net/rowil/: Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson: pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/rowlandcarson
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

Brilliant. Thanks. On 21 Dec 2009, at 07:48, Thorsten Lemke wrote:> Hi,> > Please use the hatching tool. Define the area and you will see the content size in the information window.> > Thorsten> > > HI Ken> > If there is a way for Cadintosh to calculate areas I haven't found it in eight year's use... but maybe someone cleverer than me knows different?> > Cheers> > > Richard Ellam> On 20 Dec 2009, at 16:31, ukengb wrote:> >> >> Having drawn the house plans, I need to calculate the overall area. I had a good look and couldn't see any vaguely relevant commands, but can't help thinking it's something Cadintosh ought to be able to do and hence maybe I'm missing something.>> >> Is there a way to get Cadintosh to calculate the area inside a defined outline?> Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/