Symbol Management

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
Roger Diggle

Symbol Management

Post by Roger Diggle »

I've been test-driving CADintosh. I did the tutorial a couple of days ago, and things worked as expected, mostly. Then I decided to try making an electrical drawing.However, I'm having trouble with the Symbol Management function. No matter what I've tried, the Symbol Menu item "Management ... " remains grayed out. I feel like I must be missing something that's in plain sight - but I can't open any symbol libraries. I believe it worked during the tutorial with the symbols I created. But since, reading the help file and trying to follow it exactly - plus a lot of experimenting - have gotten me nowhere.Speaking of items hidingin plain site ... I can't find the tutorial file, now that I've gone through it. I downloaded a fresh copy of the software, and don't find it among the offerings there, either. The web site seems ti indicate that the tutorial comes with the App. If I knew the file name, I could do a disk search.Thanks in advance for any hints anyone can pass along!RD