unable to select any element.

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
Peter

unable to select any element.

Post by Peter »

I have partly created a drawing but now I am unable to select any element of the drawing. All I get is the non ticking watch if I click on any element. I have tried "make all elements selectable" with no result.I met this problem once before and somehow it was resolved but I cannot remember how.I am using ver 6.1.1 on an Imac 2.8 GhzAny help would be very welcome - or do I just frustratingly start again?PT
thorstenlemke

Re: unable to select any element.

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,Can I get the drawing?Thorsten > Von: Peter <peter.tyler@rocketmail.com>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Datum: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:35:42 -0000> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Betreff: [cadintoshmac] unable to select any element.> > I have partly created a drawing but now I am unable to select any element of> the drawing. All I get is the non ticking watch if I click on any element. I> have tried "make all elements selectable" with no result.> I met this problem once before and somehow it was resolved but I cannot> remember how.> I am using ver 6.1.1 on an Imac 2.8 Ghz> Any help would be very welcome - or do I just frustratingly start again?> PT>
Peter

Post by Peter »

Yes of course how can I send it to you?PT --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote:>> Hi,> > Can I get the drawing?> > Thorsten> > > > Von: Peter <peter.tyler@...>> > Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> > Datum: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:35:42 -0000> > An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> > Betreff: [cadintoshmac] unable to select any element.> > > > I have partly created a drawing but now I am unable to select any element of> > the drawing. All I get is the non ticking watch if I click on any element. I> > have tried "make all elements selectable" with no result.> > I met this problem once before and somehow it was resolved but I cannot> > remember how.> > I am using ver 6.1.1 on an Imac 2.8 Ghz> > Any help would be very welcome - or do I just frustratingly start again?> > PT> >>
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,Simply zip and e-mail to lemke@lemkesoft.deThorsten > Von: Peter <peter.tyler@rocketmail.com>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Datum: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:27:06 -0000> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Betreff: [cadintoshmac] Re: unable to select any element.> > Yes of course how can I send it to you?> PT> --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote:>> >> Hi,>> >> Can I get the drawing?>> >> Thorsten>> >> >>> Von: Peter <peter.tyler@...>>>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>>>> Datum: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:35:42 -0000>>> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>>>> Betreff: [cadintoshmac] unable to select any element.>>> >>> I have partly created a drawing but now I am unable to select any element of>>> the drawing. All I get is the non ticking watch if I click on any element. I>>> have tried "make all elements selectable" with no result.>>> I met this problem once before and somehow it was resolved but I cannot>>> remember how.>>> I am using ver 6.1.1 on an Imac 2.8 Ghz>>> Any help would be very welcome - or do I just frustratingly start again?>>> PT>>> >> > >
Peter

Post by Peter »

Hello I have now solved this problem.If I select Edit>Utilities> Make all selectable.It results in the exact opposite - all elements are NOT selectable.By using the "selectable/Not selectable" button in tools each element can be made selectable again. But each element has to be selected individually.After making elements selectable again any use of "Edit > Utilities > Make all selectable" deselects the item and all others.Hope this helps anyone else meeting this "bug"?Peter --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote:>> Hello,> > Simply zip and e-mail to lemke@...> > Thorsten> > > > > Von: Peter <peter.tyler@...>> > Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> > Datum: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:27:06 -0000> > An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> > Betreff: [cadintoshmac] Re: unable to select any element.> > > > Yes of course how can I send it to you?> > PT> > --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote:> >> > >> Hi,> >> > >> Can I get the drawing?> >> > >> Thorsten> >> > >> > >>> Von: Peter <peter.tyler@>> >>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> >>> Datum: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:35:42 -0000> >>> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> >>> Betreff: [cadintoshmac] unable to select any element.> >>> > >>> I have partly created a drawing but now I am unable to select any element of> >>> the drawing. All I get is the non ticking watch if I click on any element. I> >>> have tried "make all elements selectable" with no result.> >>> I met this problem once before and somehow it was resolved but I cannot> >>> remember how.> >>> I am using ver 6.1.1 on an Imac 2.8 Ghz> >>> Any help would be very welcome - or do I just frustratingly start again?> >>> PT> >>> > >> > > > >>
Gil

Post by Gil »

I can now duplicate this problem. i use the Edit>Utilities> Make all selectable and it actually makes all elements not selectable. The only way out is to quit CADintosh and restart it. At the time that I duplicated Peter's bug, I was trying to change a circle from dashed line style to solid line style. I was also unable to do this. The only workaround I know is to delete the dashed circle (or a straight line) and draw it again with Solid selected.Regards,Gil --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peter.tyler@...> wrote:>> Hello > I have now solved this problem.> If I select Edit>Utilities> Make all selectable.> > It results in the exact opposite - all elements are NOT selectable.> > By using the "selectable/Not selectable" button in tools each element can be made selectable again. But each element has to be selected individually.> > After making elements selectable again any use of "Edit > Utilities > Make all selectable" deselects the item and all others.> Hope this helps anyone else meeting this "bug"?> > Peter> > --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote:> >> > Hello,> > > > Simply zip and e-mail to lemke@> > > > Thorsten> > > > > > > > > Von: Peter <peter.tyler@>> > > Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> > > Datum: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:27:06 -0000> > > An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> > > Betreff: [cadintoshmac] Re: unable to select any element.> > > > > > Yes of course how can I send it to you?> > > PT> > > --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote:> > >> > > >> Hi,> > >> > > >> Can I get the drawing?> > >> > > >> Thorsten> > >> > > >> > > >>> Von: Peter <peter.tyler@>> > >>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> > >>> Datum: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:35:42 -0000> > >>> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> > >>> Betreff: [cadintoshmac] unable to select any element.> > >>> > > >>> I have partly created a drawing but now I am unable to select any element of> > >>> the drawing. All I get is the non ticking watch if I click on any element. I> > >>> have tried "make all elements selectable" with no result.> > >>> I met this problem once before and somehow it was resolved but I cannot> > >>> remember how.> > >>> I am using ver 6.1.1 on an Imac 2.8 Ghz> > >>> Any help would be very welcome - or do I just frustratingly start again?> > >>> PT> > >>> > > >> > > > > > >> >>
Gil

Post by Gil »

I can now duplicate this problem. i use the Edit>Utilities> Make all selectable and it actually makes all elements not selectable. The only way out is to quit CADintosh and restart it. At the time that I duplicated Peter's bug, I was trying to change a circle from dashed line style to solid line style. I was also unable to do this. The only workaround I know is to delete the dashed circle (or a straight line) and draw it again with Solid selected.Regards,Gil --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peter.tyler@...> wrote:>> Hello > I have now solved this problem.> If I select Edit>Utilities> Make all selectable.> > It results in the exact opposite - all elements are NOT selectable.> > By using the "selectable/Not selectable" button in tools each element can be made selectable again. But each element has to be selected individually.> > After making elements selectable again any use of "Edit > Utilities > Make all selectable" deselects the item and all others.> Hope this helps anyone else meeting this "bug"?> > Peter> > --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote:> >> > Hello,> > > > Simply zip and e-mail to lemke@> > > > Thorsten> > > > > > > > > Von: Peter <peter.tyler@>> > > Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> > > Datum: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:27:06 -0000> > > An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> > > Betreff: [cadintoshmac] Re: unable to select any element.> > > > > > Yes of course how can I send it to you?> > > PT> > > --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote:> > >> > > >> Hi,> > >> > > >> Can I get the drawing?> > >> > > >> Thorsten> > >> > > >> > > >>> Von: Peter <peter.tyler@>> > >>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> > >>> Datum: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:35:42 -0000> > >>> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> > >>> Betreff: [cadintoshmac] unable to select any element.> > >>> > > >>> I have partly created a drawing but now I am unable to select any element of> > >>> the drawing. All I get is the non ticking watch if I click on any element. I> > >>> have tried "make all elements selectable" with no result.> > >>> I met this problem once before and somehow it was resolved but I cannot> > >>> remember how.> > >>> I am using ver 6.1.1 on an Imac 2.8 Ghz> > >>> Any help would be very welcome - or do I just frustratingly start again?> > >>> PT> > >>> > > >> > > > > > >> >>