Hi, I am New and trying to Understand Cadintosh

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
wrenchtech1

Post by wrenchtech1 »

I am a builder/carpenter of residential buildings and a guy who likes to build machines. I'd like to be able to use CAD to draw for both of these pursuits, but I'm a total neophyte to technical drawing. I see programs like AutoCAD and Nemetschek Vectorworks, which are object oriented (I think) that have a nice interface between the requirements of CAD and the user (and cost many thousands of dollars, and drawing programs like Adobe Illustrator. Where does Cadintosh fit into this spectrum and what is the learning curve like for someone with my limited experience with technical drawing?
y1@hostman.us

Post by y1@hostman.us »

Where does Cadintosh fit into this spectrum and what is the learning curve like for someone with my limited experience with technical drawing? Cadintosh is an inexpensive but fairly powerful starting point for learning 2D-CAD principles, and for doing architectural basic 2D CAD work. But what I do with it isn't that demanding; my more demanding applications are specifically gamer-mapping and sci-fi deck-plans, done in other CAD programs (CC2 and sketchup). Cadintosh has similar interface to all other CAD programs I've worked with except the MacOS 6 version of MacDraft (which I miss...).