New release 7.0.1

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
Ken Gillett

New release 7.0.1

Post by Ken Gillett »

Just upgraded to the above and finding a host of problems. Some minor, but some not so. Symbol rotation is now even worse. There has always been the problem that when printing, parts of a symbol may not be rotated as they should, but now it appears that any symbol with a curved line does not rotate correctly even on screen - the curved line(s) move to the required location, but don't rotate so the symbol looks a mess. Only simple squares and rectangles appear to rotate correctly. Symbols with a fill pattern, er don't. When I then edit the symbol, the pattern is there, but once I return to the drawing, the pattern disappears. Drawing a parallel line no longer asks on which side to place the new line. Sometimes clicking on the appropriate side during the other steps gets it right, but sometimes I just cannot seem to get Cadintosh to place the line where I want. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a new procedure for doing this, but if there is, it needs documenting and if not, then something's seriously screwed. An infinite length line often misbehaves. In some cases it seems impossible to trim it, then you find part of it has been duplicated.These are problems I immediately noticed after switching from v6 in which the above function correctly (apart from printed symbol rotation). Are they already logged/fixed?Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/