A great value!

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
efraru2005

A great value!

Post by efraru2005 »

I tried Cadintosh recently, and I can tell, it is a great application.A friend recommended me this little, but powerful, solution.A week ago I bought an Ipad2, and looked for cad application. I tried several, none as intuitive, ease of use and comple as Cadintosh, you should consider to move to the iPad platform. At least for me, I am willing to pay 9.99. This could be a hit.
thorstenlemke

Re: A great value!

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,Many thanks for your suggestion and feedback.An iPad version would require a complete redevelopment.Thorsten > Von: efraru2005 <efraru2005@yahoo.com>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Datum: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:55:53 -0000> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Betreff: [cadintoshmac] A great value!> > I tried Cadintosh recently, and I can tell, it is a great application.A friend> recommended me this little, but powerful, solution.> > A week ago I bought an Ipad2, and looked for cad application. I tried several,> none as intuitive, ease of use and comple as Cadintosh, you should consider to> move to the iPad platform.> > At least for me, I am willing to pay 9.99. This could be a hit.>
y1@hostman.us

Post by y1@hostman.us »

Thorsten: You are aware that iOS is a variant of MacOS X, aren't you? If using ObjC, very little aside from the interface calls is new
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

Regarding the idea of Cadintosh on iOS, I have to say, WHY?Why on earth would anyone want to try and perform CAD on an iPad, let alone an iPhone. Sorry, but to me the idea is absurd.IMO Thorsten's resources are better directed at perfecting Cadintosh on the Mac.But that is JMO. On 30 Apr 2011, at 09:54, y1@hostman.us wrote:> Thorsten: You are aware that iOS is a variant of MacOS X, aren't you? If using ObjC, very little aside from the interface calls is new> Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Jim Plante

Post by Jim Plante »

I have to agree with Ken Gillett below: Why???If one works with CAD programs, one has dreams of an E-size iMac for drawing. The bigger the better. Granted, some limited edits could be made to a drawing in the field using an iPad, but there the utility ends. It would be torture indeed to be required to draw anything serious on a 10" ipad--or worse, an iPhone. Hell, it's torture enough on a 13" MacBook. CADintosh has come a long way since I started using it back in 2004. Keep up the good work, Thorsten. Jim Plante On Apr 30, 2011, at 5:03 AM, Ken Gillett wrote:  Regarding the idea of Cadintosh on iOS, I have to say, WHY?Why on earth would anyone want to try and perform CAD on an iPad, let alone an iPhone. Sorry, but to me the idea is absurd.IMO Thorsten's resources are better directed at perfecting Cadintosh on the Mac.But that is JMO.On 30 Apr 2011, at 09:54, y1@hostman.us wrote:> Thorsten: You are aware that iOS is a variant of MacOS X, aren't you? If using ObjC, very little aside from the interface calls is new> Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,Yes, but CADintosh is Carbon based and does use Pascal. So, both do requirea complete rewrite.Thorsten > Von: "y1@hostman.us" <y1@hostman.us>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Datum: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 00:54:19 -0800> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Betreff: [cadintoshmac] Re: A great value!> > Thorsten: You are aware that iOS is a variant of MacOS X, aren't you? If using> ObjC, very little aside from the interface calls is new
y1@hostman.us

Post by y1@hostman.us »

Hello,Yes, but CADintosh is Carbon based and does use Pascal. So, both do requirea complete rewrite.ThorstenIn which case, it's quite likely going to need a rewrite soon anyway. Carbon is unlikely to be supported terribly much longer...
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,Yes, we will redevelop it - but it is a lot of work.Thorsten > Von: "y1@hostman.us" <y1@hostman.us>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Datum: Thu, 5 May 2011 17:01:12 -0800> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Betreff: [cadintoshmac] Re: A great value!> >> >> Hello,>> >> Yes, but CADintosh is Carbon based and does use Pascal. So, both do require>> a complete rewrite.>> >> Thorsten> > In which case, it's quite likely going to need a rewrite soon anyway. Carbon> is unlikely to be supported terribly much longer...