Changing ALL dimensions

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
jklingel8

Changing ALL dimensions

Post by jklingel8 »

I've made a drawing, and want to go back and change the size of all the numbers in the dimensions. I see how to change the size of the font for each individual dimension (the numbers are just way too big; my error), but how can I change ALL dimension number sizes? I also see how to change the size of ALL arrow heads, using Global, but don't see that option for the dimension's numbers. I there a way to go back and change them all at once? Thanks. john
alessandropetruzzi

Re: Changing ALL dimensions

Post by alessandropetruzzi »

Hi John,I faced the same issue some months ago and I fixed it using a trick (perhaps CADintosh has a dedicated function to manage this requirement, but I don't know it).So, follow the following steps:1/ create anywhere in the drawing a new dimension with the modified size, which is the size you want to obtain for all the numbers in the dimensions you have in your drawing;2/ activate in the palette the command "Apply all attributs" (the icon with the two small question marks); 3/ click on the number in the prototype dimension to copy its attributs;4/ filter only the dimension in your drawing;5/ make a global selection of all the dimension you have to change by dragging the cursor on your drawing in one shot;6/ push "enter" on the keyboard to change all the dimensions.I hope this suggestion fulfill your need.Best Regards.Alessandro.Il giorno 30/nov/2011, alle ore 21:55, jklingel8 ha scritto:   I've made a drawing, and want to go back and change the size of all the numbers in the dimensions. I see how to change the size of the font for each individual dimension (the numbers are just way too big; my error), but how can I change ALL dimension number sizes? I also see how to change the size of ALL arrow heads, using Global, but don't see that option for the dimension's numbers. I there a way to go back and change them all at once? Thanks. john Ing. Alessandro Petruzzivia del Giambellino, 234143 Triestetel. +39 040 303124mobile +39 348 2486751fax +39 040 311552e-mail: concrete_it@alice.it
jklingel8

Post by jklingel8 »

--- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "ing. Alessandro PETRUZZI" <concrete_it@...> wrote: >> Hi John,> > I faced the same issue some months ago and I fixed it using a trick (perhaps CADintosh has a dedicated function to manage this requirement, but I don't know it).> > So, follow the following steps:> > •• Alessandro: Many thanks. I will try that. john
jklingel8

Post by jklingel8 »

Alessandro: I tried what you said, and it is very clever. Worked like a charm. I was confused by one line of your instructions, but I figured it out quickly and re-wrote what you said, expanding a bit. Thanks very much for the "trick". john. Here is what I did, in my lingo, which may not be exact Cadintosh-speak, but....1) Create a new dimension with the dimension-number of the size you want. To do this, go to Options....Dimension.... Individual, and enter the text height desired. When done, click OK. 2) Go to your drawing and dimension something.Think of it as Dimension X.3) Activate the command "Apply all attributes" in the floating tool palette. The icon is one of those in the right column, the fourth icon down. It has two question marks, an arrow, and a red x. Click on it.4) Click on the dimension-number of Dimension X (ie, select it).5) Click-drag over your whole drawing, or only a portion thereof. (Reduce the size of the drawing first, if necessary.) Click-drag means to click, hold the mouse down, and drag.6) Hit Return.7)All the dimensions in the area over which you click-dragged will be of the same text height.