Areas

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
Ken Gillett

Areas

Post by Ken Gillett »

Having defined a few areas, they really clutter up the display and I'd like to be able to hide them (i.e. NOT delete them). It may well be me just not finding the option to do this, but is it in fact possible and if so, how?Ken  G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Re: Areas

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Ken,just move them to a new layer and hide the layer.Thorsten On 29.01.2013, at 18:59, Ken Gillett <ukengb@ymail.com> wrote:  Having defined a few areas, they really clutter up the display and I'd like to be able to hide them (i.e. NOT delete them). It may well be me just not finding the option to do this, but is it in fact possible and if so, how?Ken  G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

I was not aware that the Area display frames are associated with any layer. Is it really possible to have them only in one layer? Would it still print everything within the defined rectangle? I can't see this being correct. On 29 Jan 2013, at 18:10, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:  Hi Ken,just move them to a new layer and hide the layer.ThorstenOn 29.01.2013, at 18:59, Ken Gillett <ukengb@ymail.com> wrote:  Having defined a few areas, they really clutter up the display and I'd like to be able to hide them (i.e. NOT delete them). It may well be me just not finding the option to do this, but is it in fact possible and if so, how?Ken  G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ Ken  G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,you have to enable the layers during printing.Thorsten
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

I think we're talking at cross purposes here. When I define an Area (Print or View) it is displayed as a rectangle with coloured shading around the edge. Once there are several of these displayed it begins to confuse the view of the actual drawing. I don't want to delete them as I need to use them, but just don't want them displayed and getting in the way. I would have thought there was a preference somewhere to hide them, but cannot find it. Surely there is a way to hide them?On 29 Jan 2013, at 18:27, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: Hello,you have to enable the layers during printing.ThorstenKen  G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,just e-mail the drawing.Thorsten On 29.01.2013, at 19:35, Ken Gillett <ukengb@ymail.com> wrote:  I think we're talking at cross purposes here. When I define an Area (Print or View) it is displayed as a rectangle with coloured shading around the edge. Once there are several of these displayed it begins to confuse the view of the actual drawing. I don't want to delete them as I need to use them, but just don't want them displayed and getting in the way. I would have thought there was a preference somewhere to hide them, but cannot find it. Surely there is a way to hide them?On 29 Jan 2013, at 18:27, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:Hello,you have to enable the layers during printing.ThorstenKen  G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Ken Gillett

Areas

Post by Ken Gillett »

I'm sure I asked this before, but since I have no clue as to the answer, either I didn't, or no-one replied.I started a new drawing, set at 1:1.I drew an ellipse 88 x 134mm (diams.)I created an area set to A4 size paper, portrait orientation which easily encompasses the ellipse.I 'printed' the area to PDF in Preview, but the ellipse is apparently too small. If I print to paper, it is indeed too small.If I 'Move' the area the rectangle boundary suddenly changes so that the thick shaded line jumps to a larger size, leaving a thin line with the area's name. The larger rectangle in fact seems to represent the paper edges and the entire output is shrunk to fit the thin lined rectangle - hence the object is drawn too small.What's going on here? What I want to do seems quite simple to me. A 1:1 drawing of a basic ellipse and print that onto A4 at 100%, so the printed object is exactly the size of the object as created on screen. Why is the area displaying so bizarrely.Ken  G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,did you maybe check: Create view in the print area definition dialog?Thorsten On 10.05.2013, at 14:47, Ken Gillett <ukengb@ymail.com> wrote:  I'm sure I asked this before, but since I have no clue as to the answer, either I didn't, or no-one replied.I started a new drawing, set at 1:1.I drew an ellipse 88 x 134mm (diams.)I created an area set to A4 size paper, portrait orientation which easily encompasses the ellipse.I 'printed' the area to PDF in Preview, but the ellipse is apparently too small. If I print to paper, it is indeed too small.If I 'Move' the area the rectangle boundary suddenly changes so that the thick shaded line jumps to a larger size, leaving a thin line with the area's name. The larger rectangle in fact seems to represent the paper edges and the entire output is shrunk to fit the thin lined rectangle - hence the object is drawn too small.What's going on here? What I want to do seems quite simple to me. A 1:1 drawing of a basic ellipse and print that onto A4 at 100%, so the printed object is exactly the size of the object as created on screen. Why is the area displaying so bizarrely.Ken  G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

I'm sure I did NOT select to create a View.I just saw BOTH parts of the Area rectangle (thin line and thick shaded one) grow to the larger size. Then, as before, if I use Area 'Options' to change the scaling to something else, then back to 1, the Area again displays as it should. But after an attempted print (i.e. just a PDF to Preview) the shaded Area box grows.I just tried setting the Area to landscape and moved it to encompass the ellipse and it prints the correct size. When I change it back to Portrait, the problem re-occurs and I cannot print at full size. On 10 May 2013, at 13:56, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:  Hello,did you maybe check: Create view in the print area definition dialog?ThorstenOn 10.05.2013, at 14:47, Ken Gillett <ukengb@ymail.com> wrote:  I'm sure I asked this before, but since I have no clue as to the answer, either I didn't, or no-one replied.I started a new drawing, set at 1:1.I drew an ellipse 88 x 134mm (diams.)I created an area set to A4 size paper, portrait orientation which easily encompasses the ellipse.I 'printed' the area to PDF in Preview, but the ellipse is apparently too small. If I print to paper, it is indeed too small.If I 'Move' the area the rectangle boundary suddenly changes so that the thick shaded line jumps to a larger size, leaving a thin line with the area's name. The larger rectangle in fact seems to represent the paper edges and the entire output is shrunk to fit the thin lined rectangle - hence the object is drawn too small.What's going on here? What I want to do seems quite simple to me. A 1:1 drawing of a basic ellipse and print that onto A4 at 100%, so the printed object is exactly the size of the object as created on screen. Why is the area displaying so bizarrely.Ken  G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ Ken  G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Ken,can I please get the drawing?Thorsten On 10.05.2013, at 15:19, Ken Gillett <ukengb@ymail.com> wrote:  I'm sure I did NOT select to create a View.I just saw BOTH parts of the Area rectangle (thin line and thick shaded one) grow to the larger size. Then, as before, if I use Area 'Options' to change the scaling to something else, then back to 1, the Area again displays as it should. But after an attempted print (i.e. just a PDF to Preview) the shaded Area box grows.I just tried setting the Area to landscape and moved it to encompass the ellipse and it prints the correct size. When I change it back to Portrait, the problem re-occurs and I cannot print at full size.On 10 May 2013, at 13:56, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:  Hello,