Cadintosh and iDraw

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
Larry Stoter

Cadintosh and iDraw

Post by Larry Stoter »

I've just acquired iDraw (a vector graphics drawing application).I would like to be able to work with files in both Cadintosh and iDraw - they each have strengths and weaknesses.There doesn't seem to be a common file format with which both applications will work effectively? That is, files are fully editable.Any suggestions?Larry Stoter
thorstenlemke

Re: Cadintosh and iDraw

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Larry,CADintosh can export/import in the dxf exchange format. What is supported by iDraw?Thorsten On 08.09.2013, at 09:30, Larry Stoter <larry.stoter@gmail.com> wrote:  I've just acquired iDraw (a vector graphics drawing application).I would like to be able to work with files in both Cadintosh and iDraw - they each have strengths and weaknesses.There doesn't seem to be a common file format with which both applications will work effectively? That is, files are fully editable.Any suggestions?Larry Stoter
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Hi Thorsten,iDraw exports to PSD, PDF, SVG, PNG, GIF, JPEG, TIFFI guess SVG is the only format which would be fully editable?LarryOn 08 Sep 2013, at 13:21, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: Hello Larry,CADintosh can export/import in the dxf exchange format. What is supported by iDraw?ThorstenOn 08.09.2013, at 09:30, Larry Stoter <larry.stoter@gmail.com> wrote:  I've just acquired iDraw (a vector graphics drawing application).I would like to be able to work with files in both Cadintosh and iDraw - they each have strengths and weaknesses.There doesn't seem to be a common file format with which both applications will work effectively? That is, files are fully editable.Any suggestions?Larry Stoter
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,only PDF and SVG are vector formats.I can not import that formats currently.Thorsten On 08.09.2013, at 16:43, Larry Stoter <larry.stoter@gmail.com> wrote:  Hi Thorsten,iDraw exports to PSD, PDF, SVG, PNG, GIF, JPEG, TIFFI guess SVG is the only format which would be fully editable?LarryOn 08 Sep 2013, at 13:21, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:Hello Larry,CADintosh can export/import in the dxf exchange format. What is supported by iDraw?Thorsten.