cadintosh bugs & query

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
RowlandCarson

cadintosh bugs & query

Post by RowlandCarson »

Thorsten - I have observed a couple of bugs in the latest CADintosh beta, and I have a question about entering text.First, the scale of dotted or dot-dash lines is different, apparently depending on the angle of the line or how it was originally drawn. I haven't managed to characterise exactly what is happening, but can send some drawings with examples if you wish.Second, when using the diameter of a circle dimension tool, the symbol (circle with slash) multiplies each time a dimension is created. The first one would read "�12", the second "��20" the third ""���5" and so on. It appears that when this type of dimension is first called out, the prefix preference is changed so that the "�" character is prepended to every subsequent dimension creation (all types).Third, how can I insert a "#" character in a text string for display on the drawing? Its normal purpose is to indicate a new line, but I want show that character explicitly in a piece of text, such as "#18 drill". I've tried putting various characters before the # to escape it (eg '# or \#), but nothing I've tried so far works. Is there a way to do this? If not, please consider adding that capability in the future.My environment:MacBook Pro 2.66GHz core i7, 8GB RAMMac OS 10.6.8CADintosh 7.5.4b3in friendshipRowland: Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...: <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk: Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson: pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/rowlandcarson
thorstenlemke

Re: cadintosh bugs & query

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi,please check the options. Is the sign maybe entered as text before the dimension?I will check the other items.ThorstenOn 16.09.2013, at 18:52, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote: Second, when using the diameter of a circle dimension tool, the symbol (circle with slash) multiplies each time a dimension is created. The first one would read "�12", the second "��20" the third ""���5" and so on. It appears that when this type of dimension is first called out, the prefix preference is changed so that the "�" character is prepended to every subsequent dimension creation (all types).
RowlandCarson

Re: cadintosh bugs & query

Post by RowlandCarson »

On 17 Sep 2013, at 07:27, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hi,> > please check the options. Is the sign maybe entered as text before the dimension?> I will check the other items.> > Thorsten> > > On 16.09.2013, at 18:52, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:> >> Second, when using the diameter of a circle dimension tool, the symbol (circle with slash) multiplies each time a dimension is created. The first one would read "�12", the second "��20" the third ""���5" and so on. It appears that when this type of dimension is first called out, the prefix preference is changed so that the "�" character is prepended to every subsequent dimension creation (all types).> Thorsten - here is what I observe.(1) check Options/Dimension/Creation. The box "Additional text in front of" is empty.(2) use the dimension/diameter tool once; the text appears as "�2".(3) check Options/Dimension/Creation. The box "Additional text in front of" now shows "√ò".(4) use any other dimension tool once; the text appears as "�2".(5) check Options/Dimension/Creation. Clear the box "Additional text in front of" so it is empty.(6) use any other dimension tool once; the text appears as "2".(7) use the dimension/diameter tool once; the text appears as "�2".(8) use the dimension/diameter tool once again; the text appears as "��2".(9) check Options/Dimension/Creation. The box "Additional text in front of" now shows "√ò√ò".I hope this explains it enough. I can send a file if that helps.in friendshipRowland: Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...: <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk: Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson: pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/rowlandcarson