Circular Arrays

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
neil.miko

Circular Arrays

Post by neil.miko »

For my work I need to be able to make gasket drawings. AutoCad is able to do linear and polar arrays that allows me to easily make bolt holes for the majority of drawings I need to make. Is there a process of doing this in CADintosh?  I purchased the program thinking that this feature was included. If any one can help that would be great. Neil
thorstenlemke

Re: Circular Arrays

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Neil,thanks for your e-mail.That is not supported, yet. I received no such request during the last 20 years.How should it exactly work? Can I get a sample?Thorsten For my work I need to be able to make gasket drawings. AutoCad is able to do linear and polar arrays that allows me to easily make bolt holes for the majority of drawings I need to make. Is there a process of doing this in CADintosh?  I purchased the program thinking that this feature was included. If any one can help that would be great. Neil
neil.miko

Re: Circular Arrays

Post by neil.miko »

The most common drawing I need to make is circular. There is an OD and an ID then at a distance between the two a series of holes need to be placed.  For the most part the holes are equally spaced. Here's a link that shows an example the most common style gasket drawing I make is http://www.encole.com/seals-and-gaskets ... ts/403S13/. Here's a quick youtube showing how it's done in AutoCAD AutoCAD 2013 Video Tutorial - How to use arrays - part 1 (polar arrays) AutoCAD 2013 Video Tutorial - How to use arrays - part 1... www.video-tutorials.net - This video is from my AutoCAD 2013 course (14:21 hrs; 226 videos). In this video, I show you how to create arrays, which are groups... View on youtu.be Preview by Yahoo  These are just examples of what I need to make. There are a number of other shapes of gaskets but the ability of being able to quickly and accurately insert holes/objects on a circular or linear plane is invaluable. This would be of great help to me if this is possible to do in CADintosh. Once I have drawings completed I export as a .dxf and then it is put into a machine that cuts out the gasket out of whatever material my customer requires. Thank you so much for your time.