coordinates not accepted correctly; delete element will not work

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
Lawrence Fagan

coordinates not accepted correctly; delete element will not work

Post by Lawrence Fagan »

Thorsten,I've been working on a drawing for a few days, learning my way around Cadintosh. Suddenly, the program is not accepting input correctly, and the delete stopped working.I selected the line tool, and put in coordinates 53,37 and 61,37 expecting a horizontal line. Instead it draws a line at about 45 degrees. After this happened a few times suddenly I was unable to delete this line. Have I triggered some input modifier that I'm unfamiliar with, or is a program problem?I'm running 10.6.8 on an iMac with a 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Cadintosh 7.5.4. Rebooting reactivates delete, but the line is still at 45 degrees. By the way, if I select one end of the line using automatic mode and manually put in the coordinates for the other end, the line draws about twice the length it should be at about a 30 degree slope.Thank you,Larry Fagan
thorstenlemke

Re: coordinates not accepted correctly; delete element will not work

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi Larry,do you use the current 8.0? Is the focus on the text line?Thorsten Thorsten,I've been working on a drawing for a few days, learning my way around Cadintosh. Suddenly, the program is not accepting input correctly, and the delete stopped working.I selected the line tool, and put in coordinates 53,37 and 61,37 expecting a horizontal line. Instead it draws a line at about 45 degrees. After this happened a few times suddenly I was unable to delete this line. Have I triggered some input modifier that I'm unfamiliar with, or is a program problem?I'm running 10.6.8 on an iMac with a 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Cadintosh 7.5.4. Rebooting reactivates delete, but the line is still at 45 degrees. By the way, if I select one end of the line using automatic mode and manually put in the coordinates for the other end, the line draws about twice the length it should be at about a 30 degree slope.Thank you,Larry Fagan. 
Lawrence Fagan

Post by Lawrence Fagan »

Thorsten,When I check online for updates, the message says my 7.5.4 is up to date. I assumed that meant that Cadintosh 8 would not run on OS 10.6.8. By the way, I've been unable to figure out what system version 8 requires. I'm sure it is on your website somewhere, but I've been unable to find it under the Cadintosh product page. If it will run on 10.6.8 I will certainly download it. Is this a paid upgrade because I'll certainly be more than happy to pay for it.I have the line selected in the floating tool box, and the text line asks for the coordinates. Is that what you mean by focus on the text line?Thank you,Larry FaganOn Aug 12, 2014, at 12:07 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [cadintoshmac] wrote: Hi Larry,do you use the current 8.0? Is the focus on the text line?ThorstenThorsten,I've been working on a drawing for a few days, learning my way around Cadintosh. Suddenly, the program is not accepting input correctly, and the delete stopped working.I selected the line tool, and put in coordinates 53,37 and 61,37 expecting a horizontal line. Instead it draws a line at about 45 degrees. After this happened a few times suddenly I was unable to delete this line. Have I triggered some input modifier that I'm unfamiliar with, or is a program problem?I'm running 10.6.8 on an iMac with a 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Cadintosh 7.5.4. Rebooting reactivates delete, but the line is still at 45 degrees. By the way, if I select one end of the line using automatic mode and manually put in the coordinates for the other end, the line draws about twice the length it should be at about a 30 degree slope.Thank you,Larry Fagan. 
Lawrence Fagan

Post by Lawrence Fagan »

Thorsten,I replied to your email to quickly. I see that the download page indicates that version 8 is compatible with 10.6.8. I'll download it right away and see if that fixes the problem.Thank you again,Larry FaganOn Aug 12, 2014, at 12:07 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [cadintoshmac] wrote: Hi Larry,do you use the current 8.0? Is the focus on the text line?ThorstenThorsten,I've been working on a drawing for a few days, learning my way around Cadintosh. Suddenly, the program is not accepting input correctly, and the delete stopped working.I selected the line tool, and put in coordinates 53,37 and 61,37 expecting a horizontal line. Instead it draws a line at about 45 degrees. After this happened a few times suddenly I was unable to delete this line. Have I triggered some input modifier that I'm unfamiliar with, or is a program problem?I'm running 10.6.8 on an iMac with a 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Cadintosh 7.5.4. Rebooting reactivates delete, but the line is still at 45 degrees. By the way, if I select one end of the line using automatic mode and manually put in the coordinates for the other end, the line draws about twice the length it should be at about a 30 degree slope.Thank you,Larry Fagan. 
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Larry,version 8 do run on 10.6.8.The old version check do not work on 10.6 or later.Thorsten Thorsten,When I check online for updates, the message says my 7.5.4 is up to date. I assumed that meant that Cadintosh 8 would not run on OS 10.6.8. By the way, I've been unable to figure out what system version 8 requires. I'm sure it is on your website somewhere, but I've been unable to find it under the Cadintosh product page. If it will run on 10.6.8 I will certainly download it. Is this a paid upgrade because I'll certainly be more than happy to pay for it.I have the line selected in the floating tool box, and the text line asks for the coordinates. Is that what you mean by focus on the text line?Thank you,Larry Fagan
Lawrence Fagan

Post by Lawrence Fagan »

Thorsten,Downloaded Cadintosh 8, already registered it. I liked the feel of it right away. When are you expecting the manual to be updated?I pulled the problem file into it, and the same problem persists. On a hunch, I started a new drawing, and the coordinates enter properly. I am afraid I've managed to screw some setting up in the original drawing, because it behaves improperly in both 7 and 8.I can start a new drawing now that I'm getting more familiar with Cadintosh, but I sure wish I knew what caused this so I could fix it if it happens again.Thanks,Larry Fagan On Aug 12, 2014, at 1:20 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [cadintoshmac] wrote:   Dear Larry,version 8 do run on 10.6.8.The old version check do not work on 10.6 or later.ThorstenThorsten,When I check online for updates, the message says my 7.5.4 is up to date. I assumed that meant that Cadintosh 8 would not run on OS 10.6.8. By the way, I've been unable to figure out what system version 8 requires. I'm sure it is on your website somewhere, but I've been unable to find it under the Cadintosh product page. If it will run on 10.6.8 I will certainly download it. Is this a paid upgrade because I'll certainly be more than happy to pay for it.I have the line selected in the floating tool box, and the text line asks for the coordinates. Is that what you mean by focus on the text line?Thank you,Larry Fagan
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Larry,the manual in the help menu is already updated.Thorsten Thorsten,Downloaded Cadintosh 8, already registered it. I liked the feel of it right away. When are you expecting the manual to be updated?I pulled the problem file into it, and the same problem persists. On a hunch, I started a new drawing, and the coordinates enter properly. I am afraid I've managed to screw some setting up in the original drawing, because it behaves improperly in both 7 and 8.I can start a new drawing now that I'm getting more familiar with Cadintosh, but I sure wish I knew what caused this so I could fix it if it happens again.Thanks,