cutting marks

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
RowlandCarson

cutting marks

Post by RowlandCarson »

Thorsten - I’ve just found that the latest version of CADintosh (8.0.1 build 182) does not appear to have the option to print cutting marks when printing drawings that extend over more than 1 sheet of paper.Unfortunately I had already slightly modified and old drawing and saved it in V8 before realising this, and of course now I could not open the drawing in v7.5.3 (which does do crop marks).So I saved it as DXF from v8 and then opened that in V7, but the drawing included X-lines which apparently did not survive the translation process very well!The solution for now was to use Time Machine to restore the original drawing that was compatible with v7 and print that after doing the minor changes required.However, can you please re-instate the crop marks option in v8? I’d prefer not to have to switch back to v7 so often.in friendshipRowland: Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...: <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk: Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson: pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/rowlandcarson
thorstenlemke

Re: cutting marks

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Rowland,many thanks for your report.We will check that.Thorsten > Thorsten - I’ve just found that the latest version of CADintosh (8.0.1 build 182) does not appear to have the option to print cutting marks when printing drawings that extend over more than 1 sheet of paper.> > Unfortunately I had already slightly modified and old drawing and saved it in V8 before realising this, and of course now I could not open the drawing in v7.5.3 (which does do crop marks).> > So I saved it as DXF from v8 and then opened that in V7, but the drawing included X-lines which apparently did not survive the translation process very well!> > The solution for now was to use Time Machine to restore the original drawing that was compatible with v7 and print that after doing the minor changes required.> > However, can you please re-instate the crop marks option in v8? I’d prefer not to have to switch back to v7 so often.> > in friendship> > Rowland