Export

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
Ken Gillett

Export

Post by Ken Gillett »

I must be missing something here. I need to export a couple of layers to DXF, but the only option exports the entire drawing, i.e. ALL layers which so often is NOT what is required. The user guide seems to think it's entirely different and you use 'Save as' to save as DXF, but this is not in fact how it works and you have to use the 'File/Export' menu option which according to the guide doesn't have a DXF option - but it does.So, ignoring the user guide being wrong, how is one supposed to export just the selected and visible layers.Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Re: Export

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ken,that is currently not possible. I add it to the todo list.So, something like “Export visible layers only” ?Thorsten I must be missing something here. I need to export a couple of layers to DXF, but the only option exports the entire drawing, i.e. ALL layers which so often is NOT what is required. The user guide seems to think it's entirely different and you use 'Save as' to save as DXF, but this is not in fact how it works and you have to use the 'File/Export' menu option which according to the guide doesn't have a DXF option - but it does.So, ignoring the user guide being wrong, how is one supposed to export just the selected and visible layers.Ken G i l l e t t
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

Yes, that would work. Probably just an option in the DXF export options dialog box.I was sure I had done this previously. Obviously not.Ken  G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ On 20 Oct 2014, at 07:02, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [cadintoshmac] <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Ken,that is currently not possible. I add it to the todo list.So, something like “Export visible layers only” ?ThorstenI must be missing something here. I need to export a couple of layers to DXF, but the only option exports the entire drawing, i.e. ALL layers which so often is NOT what is required. The user guide seems to think it's entirely different and you use 'Save as' to save as DXF, but this is not in fact how it works and you have to use the 'File/Export' menu option which according to the guide doesn't have a DXF option - but it does.So, ignoring the user guide being wrong, how is one supposed to export just the selected and visible layers.Ken G i l l e t t
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ken,please download the latest BETA at:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlI added the requested feature to the export menu.Thorsten Yes, that would work. Probably just an option in the DXF export options dialog box.I was sure I had done this previously. Obviously not.Ken  G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

Thanks Thorsten, I’ll check it out and let you know. > On 25 Oct 2014, at 16:27, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [cadintoshmac] <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > Dear Ken,> > > please download the latest BETA at:> http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html> > I added the requested feature to the export menu.> > Thorsten> >> >> Yes, that would work. Probably just an option in the DXF export options dialog box.>> >> >> I was sure I had done this previously. Obviously not.>> >> >> Ken G i l l e t t>> >> _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/>> > > > Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

I was able to use the new option and export just the visible layers to DXF. Thank you.However I have come across a different problem.I have drawn a line at 90° and 60mm long, starting at 0,0. So a short vertical line upwards from the origin. I then drew a line at 7.2° from that line, also from 0,0 which works correctly. I then tried the exact same process from the second line and the third line gets drawn 187.2° from the second line. I only get the correct angle when calculated from that first vertical line. If I try and draw at an angle from any of the new lines, it adds 180°.Since it works the first time, I can’t see I’m doing anything wrong. Is this perhaps a bug? > On 25 Oct 2014, at 19:53, Ken Gillett kengroups@ukgb.net [cadintoshmac] <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > Thanks Thorsten, I’ll check it out and let you know.> > > On 25 Oct 2014, at 16:27, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [cadintoshmac] <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > > > Dear Ken,> > > > > > please download the latest BETA at:> > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html> > > > I added the requested feature to the export menu.> > > > Thorsten> > > >> > >> Yes, that would work. Probably just an option in the DXF export options dialog box.> >> > >> > >> I was sure I had done this previously. Obviously not.> >> Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

Thorsten, could I get some feedback on this problem? > On 7 Nov 2014, at 18:27, Ken Gillett kengroups@ukgb.net [cadintoshmac] <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > I have drawn a line at 90° and 60mm long, starting at 0,0. So a short vertical line upwards from the origin. I then drew a line at 7.2° from that line, also from 0,0 which works correctly. I then tried the exact same process from the second line and the third line gets drawn 187.2° from the second line. I only get the correct angle when calculated from that first vertical line. If I try and draw at an angle from any of the new lines, it adds 180°.> > Since it works the first time, I can’t see I’m doing anything wrong. Is this perhaps a bug? Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ken,I reproduced the issue. But I did not find the reason, yet.Thorsten Thorsten, could I get some feedback on this problem?> On 7 Nov 2014, at 18:27, Ken Gillett kengroups@ukgb.net [cadintoshmac] <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > I have drawn a line at 90° and 60mm long, starting at 0,0. So a short vertical line upwards from the origin. I then drew a line at 7.2° from that line, also from 0,0 which works correctly. I then tried the exact same process from the second line and the third line gets drawn 187.2° from the second line. I only get the correct angle when calculated from that first vertical line. If I try and draw at an angle from any of the new lines, it adds 180°.> > Since it works the first time, I can’t see I’m doing anything wrong. Is this perhaps a bug?Ken G i l l e t t
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

Ok, as long as I’m not being ignored :-)Let us know how you get on. > On 11 Nov 2014, at 17:23, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [cadintoshmac] <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > Dear Ken,> > > I reproduced the issue. But I did not find the reason, yet.> > Thorsten>> >> >> Thorsten, could I get some feedback on this problem?>> >> > On 7 Nov 2014, at 18:27, Ken Gillett kengroups@ukgb.net [cadintoshmac] <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:>> > >> > I have drawn a line at 90° and 60mm long, starting at 0,0. So a short vertical line upwards from the origin. I then drew a line at 7.2° from that line, also from 0,0 which works correctly. I then tried the exact same process from the second line and the third line gets drawn 187.2° from the second line. I only get the correct angle when calculated from that first vertical line. If I try and draw at an angle from any of the new lines, it adds 180°.>> > >> > Since it works the first time, I can’t see I’m doing anything wrong. Is this perhaps a bug? Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ken,please download the new build 202.That does fix it.Beta releases Beta releases The beta versions are normally not signed with a developer certificate. So, you will have to disable Gatekeeper to execute the software. View on www.lemkesoft.org Preview by Yahoo This does also fix the possible crash in the input line reported by Rowland.Thorsten