scaling for pirnting

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
RowlandCarson

scaling for pirnting

Post by RowlandCarson »

I am having trouble with getting drawings printed to a required scale.I have (for instance) a drawing of a small building which represents objects several metres in size. I expected that if I chose (say) 1:50 from the pop-up menu in the toolbar that would allow me to print the drawing on a single sheet of A4. However, no matter which scale I choose, I still get offered a total of 783 sheets to caver the selected area when I try to print. I’ve solved the problem for the moment by choosing 3% as the scale in the page setup.What does the scale pop-up menu actually do?There are several places where "scale" comes up in various dialogue boxes, and I’m a bit confused as to how they relate to each other.For instance, in the menu Options/Drawing… the dialogue box shows a scale for layer 1023. Why only that layer?The menu Area/Edit area… shows a dialogue box with a scaling pop-up - but that only appears to change the size of the blue rectangle on the screen, which does not seem to serve any useful purpose. I’m sure that when I chose different scales here in the past I was able to make drawings of large objects fit on A4 paper, or to enlarge drawings of very small objects to make them legible when printed.CADintosh 8.0.1 Build 182, OS 10.9.5.Any advice welcomed.in friendshipRowland: Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...: <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk: Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson: pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/rowlandcarson
thorstenlemke

Re: scaling for pirnting

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Rowland,can you please e-mail your drawing?Thorsten > > I am having trouble with getting drawings printed to a required scale.> > I have (for instance) a drawing of a small building which represents objects several metres in size. I expected that if I chose (say) 1:50 from the pop-up menu in the toolbar that would allow me to print the drawing on a single sheet of A4. However, no matter which scale I choose, I still get offered a total of 783 sheets to caver the selected area when I try to print. I’ve solved the problem for the moment by choosing 3% as the scale in the page setup.> > What does the scale pop-up menu actually do?> > There are several places where "scale" comes up in various dialogue boxes, and I’m a bit confused as to how they relate to each other.> > For instance, in the menu Options/Drawing… the dialogue box shows a scale for layer 1023. Why only that layer?> > The menu Area/Edit area… shows a dialogue box with a scaling pop-up - but that only appears to change the size of the blue rectangle on the screen, which does not seem to serve any useful purpose. I’m sure that when I chose different scales here in the past I was able to make drawings of large objects fit on A4 paper, or to enlarge drawings of very small objects to make them legible when printed.> > CADintosh 8.0.1 Build 182, OS 10.9.5.> > Any advice welcomed.> > in friendship> > Rowland