Erratic behavior : parallel lines

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
pyxis738

Erratic behavior : parallel lines

Post by pyxis738 »

Attachments :Parallel.cadxWhen I started my last piece of work, I was able to draw a centerline, then draw two parallel lines to it, at distances of 21mm and -21mm . Both 7.5.4 and 8.0.2 are acting erratic in that if I draw the center line ( say vertically ) and ask for a -21mm offset, depending upon the applications mood, I may get a +21mm offset or a -21mm offset for the new line.If I draw the first line horizontally and then ask for a -21 mm offset, and then ask for a second line at +21, I get TWO at -21.
pyxis738

Re: Erratic behavior : parallel lines

Post by pyxis738 »

Ah.. never mind, the manual says that even after entering an offset distance ( which ignores the sign ) , you have to click in the direction of the offset. RTFM
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,you have to enable the side selection by the click in the options.Thorsten Ah.. never mind, the manual says that even after entering an offset distance ( which ignores the sign ) , you have to click in the direction of the offset. RTFM__
pyxis738

Post by pyxis738 »

Back with an misunderstanding. If I draw a vertical line, then choose parallel line, then select the original one that I have drawn, I can either enter an offset, or click. If I only enter an offset, the application ignores the sign and drop a parallel line - 50-50 chance of it being the correct side. If I click, the application ignores my typed in entry and draws the parallel where I clicked. The User Manual says:2b. Enter a offset distance. 3b. Click on which side you want the parallel line to be drawn.Seems I am missing something, can't have it both ways.Just now, I drew a vertical line, entered -21mm and had the cursor to the Right ( + ) side of the original line and the app drew the line 21 mm offset in the -x direction.If I enter the -21mm and then click to the Right (+) side, I get the parallel where I click.I can see confusion if I were to draw a perfect 45 degree line; that being which direction to Minus the offset x, or y. ThanksAl
pyxis738

Post by pyxis738 »

Ah... got it now! In the Options Menu, the last check box forces the side pick.Sorry for the troubles.Al