A query about Beziers.

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
pyxis738

A query about Beziers.

Post by pyxis738 »

Attachments :Screen shot 2015-01-05 at 2.59.18 PM.pngScreen shot 2015-01-05 at 2.59.00 PM.pngScreen shot 2015-01-05 at 2.58.46 PM.pngGood day Thorsten. Have gotten to the point where I need to use Beziers and am having a problem. I can; drop the points using the Bezier tool, then switch to the Hand and move the points to adjust the curve. This works just as I'd expect on a blank sheet with nothing else present. However when doing so on my active drawing I'm getting into trouble.Here's my steps:1) select Bezier tool then click on four spots to represent my curve.2) then Mouse to the text edit bar to hit the Return key to 'end' the process and create the curve.3) make the Hand active and choose one of the non-end points to adjust the curve.4) after moving the point and releasing, the Hand selects the nearest element and won't let go.5) I usually have to click anywhere else , which moves the accidentally selected element which I then have to Undo to put back in place.Escape does not release ( actually does nothing at all), neither does selecting a different tool ( this just acts as if I clicked on the drawing area below the tool icon)I have taken a few screen shots to show the steps.Al 
thorstenlemke

Re: A query about Beziers. [3 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please e-mail your drawing zipped to lemke@lemkesoft.deThorsten Good day Thorsten. Have gotten to the point where I need to use Beziers and am having a problem. I can; drop the points using the Bezier tool, then switch to the Hand and move the points to adjust the curve. This works just as I'd expect on a blank sheet with nothing else present. However when doing so on my active drawing I'm getting into trouble.