Text format

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
Ken Gillett

Text format

Post by Ken Gillett »

I’m trying to change the format of some text I have in the drawing. I can see the format menu and it has all the options I need, but I cannot see how to actually change any text.Normally I would expect to be able to select the text and then choose an option from the menu and the text display would then change appropriately. But in Cadintosh I cannot find any way to select the text.How can I apply the text formatting that we seem to be so tantalisingly offered?Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Re: Text format

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ken,just use the text parameter tool.Click onto the text.Adjust the options.Thorsten I’m trying to change the format of some text I have in the drawing. I can see the format menu and it has all the options I need, but I cannot see how to actually change any text.Normally I would expect to be able to select the text and then choose an option from the menu and the text display would then change appropriately. But in Cadintosh I cannot find any way to select the text.How can I apply the text formatting that we seem to be so tantalisingly offered?Ken G i l l e t t
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

Do you mean the tool that brings up the text options dialog? Even once the dialog is open, the Format menu has no effect whatsoever.Are you suggesting that I should just use the options in that dialog? In which case, what IS the purpose of the Format menu? However, that dialog is not helpful as there are NO options for Bold, Italic etc. In fact basically none of the options that are apparently available from the Format menu.Or is the Text Parameter tool something else entirely? I can’t find any relevant tool that lets me use the Format menu to ‘format’ the text. > On 16 Apr 2015, at 19:53, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [cadintoshmac] <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > Dear Ken,> > > just use the text parameter tool.> Click onto the text.> Adjust the options.> > Thorsten>> >> I’m trying to change the format of some text I have in the drawing. I can see the format menu and it has all the options I need, but I cannot see how to actually change any text.>> >> Normally I would expect to be able to select the text and then choose an option from the menu and the text display would then change appropriately. But in Cadintosh I cannot find any way to select the text.>> >> How can I apply the text formatting that we seem to be so tantalisingly offered?>> >> Ken G i l l e t t> > > Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,the format menu do not apply to the text objects. Because we support only plain text with a font and size.Due the export in DXF etc.Thorsten Do you mean the tool that brings up the text options dialog? Even once the dialog is open, the Format menu has no effect whatsoever.
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

In fact, I just tried to use the Edit Element tool which includes a Font list. But whatever font I select, it doesn’t actually change it when I ‘Apply’ the settings.The only way I can actually change the font is using the 'Edit Text Attributes’ tool which as I said has no provision for Bold, Italic etc. > On 17 Apr 2015, at 09:06, Ken Gillett kengroups@ukgb.net [cadintoshmac] <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > Do you mean the tool that brings up the text options dialog? Even once the dialog is open, the Format menu has no effect whatsoever.> > Are you suggesting that I should just use the options in that dialog? In which case, what IS the purpose of the Format menu? However, that dialog is not helpful as there are NO options for Bold, Italic etc. In fact basically none of the options that are apparently available from the Format menu.> > Or is the Text Parameter tool something else entirely? I can’t find any relevant tool that lets me use the Format menu to ‘format’ the text.> > > On 16 Apr 2015, at 19:53, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [cadintoshmac] <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > > > Dear Ken,> > > > > > just use the text parameter tool.> > Click onto the text.> > Adjust the options.> > > > Thorsten> >> > >> I’m trying to change the format of some text I have in the drawing. I can see the format menu and it has all the options I need, but I cannot see how to actually change any text.> >> > >> Normally I would expect to be able to select the text and then choose an option from the menu and the text display would then change appropriately. But in Cadintosh I cannot find any way to select the text.> >> > >> How can I apply the text formatting that we seem to be so tantalisingly offered?> >> > >> Ken G i l l e t t> > > > > > > > Ken G i l l e t t> > _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/> > > Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I will check that.Thorsten In fact, I just tried to use the Edit Element tool which includes a Font list. But whatever font I select, it doesn’t actually change it when I ‘Apply’ the settings.The only way I can actually change the font is using the 'Edit Text Attributes’ tool which as I said has no provision for Bold, Italic etc.
Ken Gillett

Post by Ken Gillett »

So what you are saying is the Format menu is completely inoperative? So why is it even there? If it’s not functional, it should not be displayed.Am I right then that there is NO way to actually apply any Bold or Italic (or other) formatting to ANY text in Cadintosh? This is something of a serious limitation. If it’s just due to DXF export, then simply strip off the formatting when exporting. But for native Cadintosh work we MUST be able to format the text. This is a Mac after all. > On 17 Apr 2015, at 09:06, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [cadintoshmac] <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > Hello,> > the format menu do not apply to the text objects. Because we support only plain text with a font and size.> Due the export in DXF etc.> > Thorsten>> >> >> Do you mean the tool that brings up the text options dialog? Even once the dialog is open, the Format menu has no effect whatsoever.>> > Ken G i l l e t t_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,correct. Was there by default. I will hide it in the future.Thorsten So what you are saying is the Format menu is completely inoperative? So why is it even there? If it’s not functional, it should not be displayed.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ken,the new BETA does now hide the default Format menu.Thorsten In fact, I just tried to use the Edit Element tool which includes a Font list. But whatever font I select, it doesn’t actually change it when I ‘Apply’ the settings.