[Added] Option to apply effects, filters etc. to all frames of a GIF animation

Want to submit a new feature, an enhancement ? Do it here !
MetinSeven

[Added] Option to apply effects, filters etc. to all frames of a GIF animation

Post by MetinSeven »

Hi,

I would very much love to see an option to apply GraphicConverter's effects, filters and other operations to all frames of a GIF animation, like a batch operation on all frames in an animated GIF.

Right now you have to skip to the next GIF animation frame and manually reapply an effect or filter, which is too much work when you've got an animation of 20 or more frames.

It would be even better if you could also use a selection to mask off certain areas, and apply an effect, filter, etc. to only that area in all GIF frames.

Many thanks in advance!
Metin Seven | metinseven.com — designer • illustrator • pixel artist • visualizer • 3D (print) modeler
gpspilot

Re: Option to apply effects, filters etc. to all frames of a GIF animation

Post by gpspilot »

Excellent suggestion, Metin! I need to sharpen and adjust contrast in all 43 frames of my .gif, and was just searching for a tool that would allow me to do that. A feature like that would be a lifesaver.

I think the "market" for such a feature is much larger now, because millions of people are now discovering that the Loop / Bounce effects in Apple Live Photos are easily converted to .gifs.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Option to apply effects, filters etc. to all frames of a GIF animation

Post by forum_adm »

Just check in GC12 the following checkbox:
Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 11.59.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 11.59.jpg (226.33 KiB) Viewed 168 times
Now all menu items which can process a complete animation are marked:
1.jpg
1.jpg (115.65 KiB) Viewed 168 times