Geotagging a file with a gps track log (GPX)

RowlandCarson

Re: erase

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2004-10-28 18:53 +0000 Clem Jensen wrote: >How do you do a simple erase, a small piece of a line, etc Clem - use the trim function. That can both extend and shorten lines, as well as put nice fillets on corners. All you need to do is decide where the line will get trimmed, either with reference to another line or arc, or a freehand point. There used to be a very simple tutorial distributed with CADinosh that explained the basics like this. Maybe it's not included any more.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
RowlandCarson

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2004-10-28 18:53 +0000 Clem Jensen wrote: >How do you do a simple erase, a small piece of a line, etc Clem - use the trim function. That can both extend and shorten lines, as well as put nice fillets on corners. All you need to do is decide where the line will get trimmed, either with reference to another line or arc, or a freehand point. There used to be a very simple tutorial distributed with CADinosh that explained the basics like this. Maybe it's not included any more.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
RowlandCarson

Post by RowlandCarson »

Michael Eifert

understanding setting scale

Post by Michael Eifert »

I believe I've figured out the trouble I've been having getting my drawing to print to the scale I want.If I want my drawing to print at 1/2inch=1foot, I set the units of the completed drawing (from the Options menu- Drawing) to foot. I also check the units of dialog edit fields to inch and also choose Type as fraction and set the precision. I don't change the user defined, relative to mm.Then, at the bottom of the drawing, in the scale box, I choose user define from the bottom of the list and enter 1 divided by 24, which shows up in the box as 1:24.This gives me the results I want! It makes sense to me now and doesn't seem confusing anymore. Thanks for keeping me going guys.Michael
RowlandCarson

dimension bug

Post by RowlandCarson »

Here's one for Thorsten - if an angular dimension is edited or its attributes changed, things seem to go wrong.I tried to change an angular dimension from 30.0 degrees to 30 degrees by changing the number of decimal places in the dimension attributes tool. After closing the dialogue box the dimension became 330 with the degree symbol shown twice. It doesn't seem to happen in all cases, as another angular dimension (15.0 degrees) on the same drawing did not show the same symptoms.Also, after using the edit dimension text tool (as an alternative way to achieve the same effect), an extra (straight) line appears underneath the text. I wondered if it might be the signal for an approximate dimension, but I have "don't mark inexact dimensions" ticked.Haven't checked yet if these things happen to linear dimensions too.OS X 10.2.8, CADintosh X 5.0, 5.2 betaregardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
RowlandCarson

dimension bug

Post by RowlandCarson »

Here's one for Thorsten - if an angular dimension is edited or its attributes changed, things seem to go wrong.I tried to change an angular dimension from 30.0 degrees to 30 degrees by changing the number of decimal places in the dimension attributes tool. After closing the dialogue box the dimension became 330 with the degree symbol shown twice. It doesn't seem to happen in all cases, as another angular dimension (15.0 degrees) on the same drawing did not show the same symptoms.Also, after using the edit dimension text tool (as an alternative way to achieve the same effect), an extra (straight) line appears underneath the text. I wondered if it might be the signal for an approximate dimension, but I have "don't mark inexact dimensions" ticked.Haven't checked yet if these things happen to linear dimensions too.OS X 10.2.8, CADintosh X 5.0, 5.2 betaregardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
RowlandCarson

dimension bug

Post by RowlandCarson »

rgball99

Geotagging a file with a gps track log (GPX)

Post by rgball99 »

Thorsten,
One of the functions in Adobe's Lightroom is to tag images with gps coordinates from a gps track log file. Jeffrey Friedl has a Lightroom plugin (http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/gps) that does this even better than LR itself. I'm no longer a LR user and I thought this might be a suggestion for GC. Take a GPX file and use it to geotag a selection of images shot during that track.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: geotagging from a gps track log

Post by forum_adm »

I support geotagging from geotracker gpx and nmea files since many versions.

Just select File/Browser and open the folder with your images.
Now go to the GPS menu and select Open GPX/NMEA Files…
You can view the data with the Show command after that.
Now just select the images.
And select Apply GPX/NMEA…
GC will now ask for the time zone of your exif data because digital images use normally local time and the GPX data from the satellite is always UTC.

Thats all.
gpx.jpg
gpx.jpg (63.67 KiB) Viewed 10249 times
rgball99

Re: geotagging from a gps track log

Post by rgball99 »

Thanks Thorsten and my apologies for asking, I do not know why I didn't check that menu. As always GC is a great program and thanks for all your work making it so.