[Closed] Making HTML Catalog

The right place to speak and share about your experiences of GraphicConverter
JebTN

[Closed] Making HTML Catalog

Post by JebTN »

I assume I'm just doing something wrong, I remember doing this last year but can't get it to work now. I created a folder in the finder and put all the photos I want to catalog in it. I opened GC Browser and selected that folder and selected all the photos in it and then selected the File->Catalog->HTML item and filled out how I wanted the catalog to look and saved my preferences and then said OK and chose where I wanted the html to be written and nothing happened. I have tried this in 9.76 which is registered and the latest 10 that is not registered and they do the same thing. Once I got GC to create the support arrow files and directories but nothing else and now that isn't even working.

Jim...
JebTN

Re: Making HTML Catalog

Post by JebTN »

I really shouldn't answer my own question but this may be a bug. I discovered that besides the pull down menu under File that Catalog had it's own pull down on the Toolbar. That Catalog-HTML worked fine on the Toolbar. So if both are suppose to do the same thing the one under File menu is broke.

Jim...
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Catalog from the toolbar icon creates a catalog from the selected items.
Catalog from the menu ask for the folder of the source images.
Did you select it?
JebTN

Post by JebTN »

Yep that was the problem. It wasn't obvious to me that it was asking for a source folder and I missed it in the manual.

Maybe a message saying Source and Save for the two popup file windows. If I had not been in the browser it may have been more obvious to me.

Thanks

Jim...